- Emporia State will receive $20,000 guaranteed money for playing KU. The Hornets received $7,500 plus the cost of hotel rooms for Friday's game at Gonzaga (114-86 ESU loss) and will net $10,000 for Tuesday's game at Wichita State.
- The Jayhawks are 14-3 all-time against Emporia State, including exhibition and regular-season games.
- KU, 38-7 all time in exhibition action, has won 20 consecutive home exhibition games. KU is 34-4 in exhibition play in Allen Fieldhouse.
- KU defeated ESU, 120-51, in an exhibition game Nov. 4, 2000, in Allen Fieldhouse. The two teams have met 16 times in the regular season, with Kansas holding a 13-3 advantage. KU topped ESU, 113-61, on Dec. 14, 2002, at Allen.
- David Moe is 46-37 in his fourth season at ESU and is 39-18 over the last two years. He led the Hornets to their first appearance in the NCAA Division Two Tournament last season and their second straight runner-up finish in the MIAA regular season.
- E-State is ranked 15th in all-time wins at the NCAA Division Two level with 1,174 victories in its 102-year history.
- ESU led the MIAA and was 10th in the country in scoring at 87.9 points per game last season.
- This marks the first time ESU has taken on a No. 1-ranked team since losing to Division Two No. 1 Ft. Hays State, 66-55, during the 1996-97 season.
- Moe spent eight seasons as the top assistant at Colorado and has coaching experience in the NBA.
November 7, 2004