For Monday, May 17, 2004:
Those with birthdays today: Expect a dynamic but unpredictable year. You will be in a period of transformation where what is right for you now might not be right for you by your next birthday. You have unusually high energy, coming forth with unusual success, but the path might not be the one you anticipated. If you are single, romance will sizzle through the fall. If you are attached, be sensitive to your sweetie's needs. Taurus can be a real challenge for you.
The stars show the kind of day you'll have: 5-Dynamic; 4-Positive; 3-Average; 2-So-so; 1-Difficult
Aries (March 21-April 19)
- *** Givens get tossed to the wayside. Take a good look at what is happening and what you have taken for granted. You don't have to take action. Tonight: Indulge.
Taurus (April 20-May 20)
- *** Your ruler, Venus, going retrograde today could make a big difference in how you feel. Through the end of June, hold back on making any major life decisions. Evaluate. Tonight: Do what you want.
Gemini (May 21-June 20)
- ** Think before you do anything today. People might act strangely or slightly off-kilter. Give others the space you need to move and handle what is going on. Tonight: Turn on the answering machine.
Cancer (June 21-July 22)
- **** Be especially careful with friends, financial agreements and work. Hang in there and follow through. Your high energy could be directed toward investigating opportunities. Tonight: Find friends.
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
- *** Others act in extraordinary ways, but not necessarily positive ones. You can try to clear out and not stumble into others' messes. You might see a partner in a different light. Tonight: A must appearance.
Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)
- ** Be careful with details around work. Know that what occurs today could take a while to sort through. Your understanding is your greatest gift. Tonight: Rent a movie.
Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)
- *** You could easily feel out of sorts, and the main issue involves money and a partnership. Avoid high risks. Observe more in the next few days and weeks. Tonight: Play out a fantasy.
Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)
- *** You could find yourself affected by others -- in particular, associates and family. In the next few weeks, a skeleton could come out of your closet. Tonight: Be easygoing.
Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)
- ** You have to work with a lack of clarity. Perhaps you are hearing what people really mean to say and not their actual words. Friends and co-workers could be strange in the next few weeks. Tonight: Work late.
Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)
- *** Bosses and loved ones prove to be unpredictable. Use your creativity to solve problems, if possible. Be tight with money for the next few weeks. Tonight: Do something you love.
Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)
- *** You might do a total reversal in the next few months. Take your time making decisions right now. You could have a radical change of mind in the near future, be it about your home or a trip. Tonight: Take time for yourself.
Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20)
- * You could feel less than up to snuff. If you want to take a day off, do just that. Communication could be off, and associates could act strangely in the next few weeks. Tonight: Nibbles with a favorite person.