For Sunday, May 2, 2004. Those with birthdays today: You could find a loved one difficult this year. Getting down to the brass tacks could be a major achievement with this person. Surround yourself with people who inspire and help you attain your goals. You will be concerned about work and achievement this year. Fall and winter will provide opportunities for promotions and pay raises. If you want to change fields, you could find the path easier at this point. Monitor your health. You easily could gain weight this year. One cookie counts as 10 cookies. Get checkups. Become friends with your scale. If you are single, romance will enter your life in the next few months. This person could be significant in your memoirs! If you are attached, do more with each other. Take a class together in massage or learn a new hobby or pastime.
The Stars Show the Kind of Day You'll Have: 5-Dynamic; 4-Positive; 3-Average; 2-So-so; 1-Difficult
Aries (March 21-April 19)
- *** Don't let waking up on the wrong side of the bed ruin a sparkling happening or get-together. Friends surround you. Accept invitations. Others seem to be in control of what is going on. Tonight: Say "yes."
Taurus (April 20-May 20)
- ** An expectation from an older family member makes you feel like taffy being pulled. You actually might achieve your goals with some endurance. Use your good listening skills. Tonight: Get into the work groove.
Gemini (May 21-June 20)
- *** Finances might have you feeling cramped, but don't let that worry you. You seem to move through problems because of your creativity and solution-finding skills. Tonight: Daydream and chat away.
Cancer (June 21-July 22)
- ** Don't be hard on a family member. In the long run, your understanding opens the door to better relating. Enjoy a lazy day at home. Let a partner lead and express his or her ideas. Tonight: Quiet, at home.
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
- *** Don't allow negativity to mar what could be a perfectly wonderful day or two. Your ability to enjoy friends and those around you is heightened. Let others express enthusiasm. Tonight: Keep the weekend spirit.
Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)
- ** Your possessive streak could put a damper on what is going on with you and others, especially an older friend. Don't be surprised if this person pulls away. Share a favorite hobby. Tonight: Get your bills in order.
Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)
- **** You're all smiles, though you might inadvertently antagonize someone who is key to your life. Find a favorite loved one or friend. Take off for a day trip where there is water. Tonight: Ask, and you will receive.
Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)
- ** Take the day off. Let the answering machine do its job. You don't always need to be there for everyone. Whether you veg out or visit with a special person, you're unlikely to make an appearance. Tonight: Order in.
Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)
- *** What feels like a put-down might not be. Allow yourself the option of joining those you enjoy this Sunday. Some of you could choose a day trip to let your mind relax. Tonight: Socialize as late as you want.
Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)
- ** Just because one person is being difficult doesn't mean everyone else is. Take yourself out and enjoy a day on the town. You might opt to go to a movie or shopping. Tonight: Get a head start on tomorrow.
Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)
- **** You inspire someone at a distance, though you could feel uncomfortable with those around you. Take off; go day tripping; enjoy a movie. Dream and talk with a dear friend. Tonight: Be spacey.
Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20)
- ** A child or loved one could be unusually testy. Back off from a difficult situation. You might like a day to yourself or with one other person. A talk needs to be heartfelt and open. Tonight: Snuggle in.