The Lawrence City Commission will consider amendments to the commercial chapter of Horizon 2020, the city-county comprehensive guide.
The plan currently puts a top limit of 450,000 square feet of construction in community commercial "nodes" such as the cluster of developments at Sixth Street and Wakarusa Drive. Revisions to Horizon 2020 would lower the cap to 400,000 square feet.
- Friends of the Park 2003 Recognition.
- Approve City Commission meeting minutes from Jan. 20.
- Receive minutes from various boards and commissions: Lawrence Sister Cities Advisory Board meeting of Dec. 10; Traffic Safety Commission meeting of Jan. 12; Practitioners Panel of Oct. 2.
- Approve all claims.
- Approve drinking establishment licenses for: Pachamama's, 2161 Quail Creek Drive; Stu's Midtown Tavern, 925 Iowa.
Bid and purchase items
- Approve purchase from Olathe Ford for 10 patrol cars off the MACPP cooperative bid for $20,307 each, totaling $203,070.
- Approve purchase of four used Highway Patrol cars from the state of Kansas for $13,300 for three and $13,150 for one, totaling $53,050.
¢ Approve purchase from Olathe Ford for one half-ton 4x4 extended cab pickup off the MACPP cooperative bid for $19,214.
¢ Approve contract for graphic design services for the Lawrence Transit System to Stillhouse Productions for $15,480.
- Authorize city manager to execute a contract with Professional Engineering Consultants for $39,018 for design of the Trail Road Relief Sewer Project.
Adopt the following ordinances on first reading:
- Ordinance No. 7737 rezoning portions of Lots 7-11 & 20-22, Block One, Stonegate Subdivision, from single-family residential to duplex-residential district, and portions of Lots 35-44, Block One, Stonegate Subdivision, from duplex-residential to single-family residential district.
- Ordinance No. 7741 rezoning 1.05 acres to revise the restrictions of planned commercial development district zoning to include contractor or construction office/shop in property at the intersection of West Sixth Street and Comet Lane.
- Ordinance No. 7742 amending Section 20-1808 limitation on Successive Petitions, to establish a clear process and standards for the resubmittal of a zoning petition after denial of a petition for the same land parcel.
¢ Ordinance No. 7596, adopting the codification of ordinances of the city of Lawrence.
¢ Ordinance No. 7743, establishing certain requirements for the placement of public sanitary sewer mains and private sanitary sewer lines.
- Adopt on second reading Ordinance No. 7739, annexing 1.033 acres of city-owned property for the Riverside Pump Station, North of North Minnesota Street (Miller/Wells Acres).
- Approve site plan for Morgan Property, 1100 E. 24th St. Submitted by Paul Werner Architects on behalf of Bob and Beverly Morgan, property owners.
Approve unanimous recommendations from the Traffic Safety Commission for the following:
- To deny the request to prohibit parking along the south side of 25th Street between Cedarwood Avenue and Ridge Court and direct staff to place an item on the next agenda to relocate the parking from the south side of the street to the north side.
¢ To establish a 35 mph speed limit on Riverridge Road between Iowa Street and Michigan Street.
¢ Approve consultant selection and negotiation of an engineering services contract with Peridian Group for Folks Road from Sixth Street to Mulberry.
Approve the wording of the specific conditions and authorize the director of administrative services/city clerk to execute and deliver the following letters:
- To Temple Partners Inc. regarding a conditional waiver of the drinking establishment distance restriction for the proposed establishment at 1001 Mass.
¢ To Kansas Mexican Grill LLC, regarding a conditional waiver of the drinking establishment distance restriction for the proposed establishment at 947 Mass., a Qdoba Mexican Grill.
- Authorize the mayor to sign a release of mortgage for David and Joyce Higgins, 517 North St.
¢ City manager's report; receive presentation from Bryce Hirschman, GIS coordinator, on the city of Lawrence GIS system.
- Receive staff report on 933 R.I.
- Consider possible amendments to the draft of Chapter 6, Horizon 2020: "Commercial Development."