- Kansas leads the all-time series, 10-2. KU won the last meeting, 90-87, Jan. 27, 2003 at Allen Fieldhouse.
- KU has won three straight against Texas.
- The Jayhawks are 3-2 versus the Longhorns in Austin, including a 2-1 mark in the Erwin Center.
- KU coach Bill Self is 0-2 against the Longhorns, and Texas coach Rick Barnes 1-4 versus the Jayhawks.
- KU is 86-15 all-time against schools from the state of Texas.
- Kansas is 6-1 versus Texas when playing on national television and 4-1 against the Longhorns when playing on ESPN.
- The Jayhawks lost the first meeting with Texas, 36-34, Dec. 16, 1938, in Austin.
- Keith Langford needs 17 points to pass Eric Chenowith for 23rd place on KU's all-time career scoring list.
- Wayne Simien is 32 points away from 900 for his career.
- Kansas is 16-0 when scoring at least 70 points this season.
- James Thomas became Texas' all-time leading rebounder with 12 rebounds Saturday against Oklahoma, giving him 1,038 and topping LaSalle Thompson's 1,027 from 1980-82.
- Texas is 13-1 at home, losing only to Oklahoma State.
- Aaron Miles needs two assists to pass Kirk Hinrich for third place on KU's all-time career assist list. Miles needs 10 steals to pass Hinrich for third place on the Jayhawks' all-time career steals list. Miles needs three double-figure assist games to tie Jacque Vaughn for the KU career record in that category.
February 23, 2004