- Kansas leads the all-time series, 156-57.
- ISU beat KU, 68-61, Jan. 31 in Ames, snapping a five-game losing streak versus KU.
- KU coach Bill Self is 0-1 versus ISU, and Wayne Morgan 1-0 against KU.
- The Jayhawks won the first-ever meeting with the Cyclones, 53-35, on Feb. 20, 1908 in Ames, Iowa.
- Morgan was a Syracuse assistant coach when the Orangemen beat Kansas, 60-57, in the 1996 NCAA regional final in Denver.
- ISU senior Marcus Jefferson left the team after the KU game for personal reasons and has not returned.
- Kansas is 39-8 versus Iowa State in Allen Fieldhouse.
- Aaron Miles needs 13 assists to pass Kirk Hinrich for third place on KU's all-time assist list. He needs 12 steals to pass Hinrich for third on the all-time steals list.
- Wayne Simien is seven rebounds shy of 500 and 52 points away from 900.
- Keith Langford needs 17 points to pass Jerod Haase for 24th on KU's all-time scoring list.
- Iowa State guard Jake Sullivan is 54 of 58 from the free-throw line this year, the third-best mark in the NCAA.
February 21, 2004