School board to discuss purchase of property
The Lawrence school board will meet Thursday to discuss legislative priorities and the purchase of some land.
Board members will meet at noon at district headquarters, 110 McDonald Drive.
Before public discussions, board members will meet in executive session to talk privately with the board's attorney, to discuss personnel matters and the acquisition of property.
Traffic commission to meet next week
Lawrence's Traffic Safety Commission will meet next week to discuss several traffic issues. The commission is scheduled to:
- Consider establishing stop signs at 12th and Rhode Island streets.
- Consider a request from William Dann to establish a 20 mph speed limit on Sierra Drive between Sixth Street and Trail Road.
- Consider a request from Water's Edge, 847 Ind., to construct perpendicular parking within the road right of way on Indiana Street.
- Consider establishing yield signs on Wheat State Street at Eldridge Street.
- Discuss pedestrian right of way issues.
Decisions made by the Traffic Safety Commission are forwarded to the Lawrence City Commission for final approval.
The commission will meet at 7:30 p.m. Monday at City Hall, Sixth and Massachusetts streets.
Parkinson's group offers training program
The Parkinson's Foundation of the Heartland has announced the release of the Parkinson's Care Series, a comprehensive training program created to educate caregivers on the unique needs of patients with Parkinson's.
The series consists of eight videotapes and an accompanying workbook that covers topics such as fall prevention, treatment options and speech therapy.
For more information about the series, contact the foundation at (913) 342-8828 or e-mail email@example.com.
KU final exam
Kansas University has announced the following final examination:
- Javier Balma, civil engineering, "Evaluation of Corrosion Protection Systems and Corrosion Testing Methods for Reinforcing Steel in Concrete," 2 p.m. Jan. 4, 2140 Learned Hall.