For Monday, Aug. 9, 2004. Those with birthdays today: Double-check and triple-check all agreements you make this year. You can be none too careful. Everything must be in writing, as often there is confusion about what he said and she said. Partnerships and financial matters remain key to your dealings. If you are single, you might not want to make a formal commitment this year, but date till your heart's content. If you are attached, work on the status quo. Don't rock any boats.
The stars show the kind of day you'll have: 5-Dynamic; 4-Positive; 3-Average; 2-So-so; 1-Difficult
Aries (March 21-April 19)
- * You cannot say or do the right thing. Confusion marks communication in general. Pull back and don't react. Remember, this too will pass. Tonight: Work with surprising insights.
Taurus (April 20-May 20)
- ** Your insights take you to a new level, especially with goals and long-term friendships. The smart Bull won't make decisions or commitments just yet. You cannot complain about dullness. Tonight: Your treat.
Gemini (May 21-June 20)
- ** The Moon beams on you, and nearly anything is possible. Simultaneously, your ruler goes retrograde, creating a lot of hassles. Deal with others carefully, especially authority figures. Tonight: Your decision.
Cancer (June 21-July 22)
- * Know when to head in the other direction. Whatever you say seems to hit the wrong note. Question what would be best. Confirm all meetings. Refuse to take what someone says personally. Tonight: Huddle at home.
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
- ** Others act in a peculiar manner. You find that the less said, the better off you are. Keep your long-term goals in mind. Tonight: Flex with others' plans.
Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)
- * You might wake up with one agenda and wind up doing something totally different. Your ruler does a backward jig, causing you a problem where you least expect it. Tonight: Try not to make it a late night.
Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)
- ** On some level, you could feel jittery and uptight. Carefully review a personal matter that involves learning and understanding more. Tonight: Read a good book or do research.
Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)
- ** Friends and associates could disappoint you. This might be a pattern for the next few weeks. Even a trusted associate could be somewhat out of kilter. Tonight: Take some downtime.
Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)
- ** You might want to vanish, but on the other hand, everything is so interesting. Everyone quickly becomes flaky. Tonight: Play follow the leader.
Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)
- ** Your work and perspective might trigger a new view. Don't fight new information. Explore the pros and cons. Tonight: Go to the gym to work off stress.
Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)
- ** Someone you love could do a reversal. Be creative and don't try to pin this person down. Give him or her space. In the next few weeks, an old lover or friend could become dominant in your life. Tonight: Play as if there is no tomorrow.
Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20)
- ** You mean well. Others throw boomerangs in your path. You like excitement, but perhaps not this much. Make the most of the moment. Tonight: Burn the midnight oil.