For Monday, April 19, 2004:
Those with birthdays today: A lot will change this year. You will grow in many ways and encourage others to become closer. Willingly shed defense mechanisms and learn to be more open and forthright. Learn to follow your own advice. Your work will flourish from October on. If you are single, that status could rapidly transform this year. If you are attached, work on being more sensitive to your sweetie. Look to Taurus for anchoring.
The stars show the kind of day you'll have: 5-Dynamic; 4-Positive; 3-Average; 2-So-so; 1-Difficult
Aries (March 21-April 19)
- **** A solar eclipse in your sign pushes the issues of relationships and independence forward. Growth within your personal relationships will begin in the next six months. You'll end up quite happy. Tonight: Balance your budget.
Taurus (April 20-May 20)
- *** By midafternoon, the Sun moves into your sign, energizing the Bull. You meet hurdles with ease. A meeting has a unique quality. Tonight: Do what you want.
Gemini (May 21-June 20)
- **** Aim for what you want early in the day. Know that your situation will transform in the next six months. Romance and relationships could become exciting. Tonight: Slow down and rest.
Cancer (June 21-July 22)
- *** Events propel you into the limelight. Though you might prefer not to assume this responsibility, you will anyway. The work arena could become intense and demanding. Tonight: A meeting proves to be important.
Leo (July 23-Aug. 22)
- *** What appears to be a smashing idea today could go up in smoke before you realize it. Be open to a boss's perspective as well as the perspective of experts. Express an openness to suggestions. Tonight: Work as late as needed.
Virgo (Aug. 23-Sept. 22)
- *** Deal with a partnership directly. You might not be comfortable with everything that comes up. Once more, you prove to be a winner. Tonight: Start researching a project.
Libra (Sept. 23-Oct. 22)
- **** Put on your brainstorming hat and be a source of solutions. Success arrives when you work with individuals rather than groups. A partner or associate gives you enormous insight. Tonight: Be happy with that special person.
Scorpio (Oct. 23-Nov. 21)
- ** You might be a little tired, and acknowledging that fact might be the best way to go. A change in routine or your work could help you revive your energy. Partners start seeking you out. Tonight: Go with a spontaneous invitation.
Sagittarius (Nov. 22-Dec. 21)
- **** Let go of a problem and let events just happen. You might not have the control you want, but know that you are in control of yourself. Emphasize work and accomplishment. Tonight: Put your feet up.
Capricorn (Dec. 22-Jan. 19)
- *** You come to a strong realization that events surrounding your domestic life will change in the near future. Go with the flow. Emphasize creativity and romance. Tonight: Let your hair down.
Aquarius (Jan. 20-Feb. 18)
- ** A fast-moving pace might cause problems. You will have time to adjust. Emphasize security and maintaining a low profile. Tonight: Take it easy.
Pisces (Feb. 19-March 20)
- ** Know that you might be hitting a hard spot financially in the next few months. Someone does care, though he or she treads very carefully. You will need to encourage this person, as he or she is shy. Tonight: Hang out.