Senior Services offers computing courses
Douglas County Senior Services is offering the following computer courses:
- Hey Look at Me! Using Your Digital Pictures, 10 a.m. today, $20.
- Card Making with Print Artist, create cards and posters using Print Artist, 10 a.m. Thursday, $20.
- Advanced Windows, learn further customization of the desktop and security and maintenance procedures, 10 a.m., Tuesday and Sept. 24, $40.
- Beginning Quicken, get started with financial software to write checks and track income and expenses, 12:30 p.m. Tuesday and Sept. 25, $30.
- PowerPoint Introduction -- Presentation Software Basics, learn the basics of creating a presentation on the computer using graphics and animations, assumes a basic knowledge of Windows, 10 a.m. Sept. 25, $20.
SeniorNet members receive a $5 discount on each course. All courses are taught in the computer lab at the senior center, 745 Vt. For more information, call the center at 842-0543.
Baker student paper rates 'All-America'
The Baker Orange, Baker University's student newspaper, has received "All-America" ratings for both semesters of the 2002-2003 academic year.
The ratings are from the Associated Collegiate Press, a University of Minnesota service.
The Orange has received eight consecutive All-America ratings. Ten are required for admissions to the ACP Hall of Fame.