Looking for a different fall and winter experience in Kansas?
Rental cabins are available throughout the year at five Kansas state parks -- including Cheney, El Dorado, Cedar Bluff, Lovewell and Eisenhower
Hunters, anglers, hikers, birdwatchers and other outdoor enthusiasts can choose from a variety of cabins, ranging from primitive to modern.
Scenic surroundings and economical rental fees provide an enticing get-away for outdoors lovers of every stripe.
For information, call the following parks:
- Cheney State Park, (316) 542-3664.
- El Dorado State Park, (316) 321-7180.
- Cedar Bluff State Park, (785) 726-3212.
- Lovewell State Park, (785) 753-4971
- Eisenhower State Park, (785) 528-4102.
Cabins are also being proposed for development at five additional state parks in 2004 and 2005.
Among the parks proposed for providing cabin experiences in the future are Webster, Milford, Tuttle Creek, Cross Timbers and Fall River state parks.