The board will return Austin Turney to the presidency.
He's in line to take over the helm by virtue of receiving the most votes in the 2001 election.
Leni Salkind will assume the role of vice president this year and follow Turney as president next year.
The board president and vice president work with administrators to set the board's agenda. They also preside over board meetings.
Turney was president in 2000-2001 and vice president this past year. Salkind hasn't served in either role.
Both are in their second term on the board.
- Administer the oath of office to new board members Leonard Ortiz, Cindy Yulich and Rich Minder.
- Elect board president and vice president.
- Receive report from board members and Supt. Randy Weseman.
- Appoint Janice Dunn, board clerk; Kathy Johnson, district treasurer; Becky May, deputy board clerk; Eloise Bornheim, deputy district treasurer, for 2003-2004.
- Adopt a board meeting calendar for 2003-2004.
- Authorize 13 board advisory, standing and temporary committees for 2003-2004.
- Designate the Lawrence Journal-World, Sunflower Broadband and KLWN/KLZR as the official news media for the district for 2003-2004.
- Designate Peter Curran as the board's legal counsel for 2003-2004, with a $5 per hour rate increase to $110 per hour.
- Designate official district representatives to federal programs, attendance officers, Kansas Public Employees Retirement System and Freedom of Information officer.
- Appoint a representative to the Kansas Association of School Board's governmental relations network.
- Designate a school calendar for 2003-2004 that contains 1,116 hours of instructional time.
- Approve participation in the federal school breakfast and lunch programs for 2003-2004.
- Consider a contract with Anderson Erickson Dairy for dairy products, including 950,000 half-pints of milk, for 2003-2004.
- Renew current holders of district credit cards and their credit limits for 2003-2004.
- Designate 11 banks, including US Bank as the primary depository, as suitable for district funds in 2003-2004.
- Consider a resolution to authorize staff to make transactions with district accounts.
- Waive adherence to Generally Accepted Accounting Principals and the fixed assets accounting requirements for 2003-2004.
- Adopt a schedule of student fees and charges for 2003-2004, which are unchanged from last year.
- Receive a presentation on the 2003-2004 budget from Kathy Johnson, the district's budget director.