Trimming calories from your daily diet isn't as hard as it sometimes seems.
The International Food Information Council Foundation suggests that just a 100-calorie-a-day adjustment along with increased physical activity can go a long way to help Americans keep their weight down. Some suggestions:
- Swap an 8-ounce regular soft drink for a diet soft drink.
- Drink 2 cups fat-free milk instead of 2 cups whole milk.
- Use 1 teaspoon of mustard or ketchup or 1 tablespoon of fat-free mayonnaise instead of 1 tablespoon of regular mayonnaise.
- Split a small bag of fries with a friend.
- Slice a typical piece of apple pie about one-third smaller.
- Eat five fewer potato chips and walk for six minutes.