- KU leads the all-time series, 2-0. KU won the last meeting, 91-67, Nov. 21, 1998, at Allen Fieldhouse.
- KU is 50-6 all-time versus in-state Div. II schools. KU's last loss to a Div. II school was a 67-44 decision to Emporia State Dec. 13, 1947.
- KU is 241-99 all-time against teams from the state of Kansas.
- KU play-by-play announcer Bob Davis is a member of the Fort Hays State Sports Hall of Fame. Davis worked Fort Hays games for 16 seasons before taking over at KU.
- Fort Hays State has defeated Bethany (107-69), Mid-America Nazarene (92-73), Central Christian (79-43) and Panhandle State (97-61).
- FHSU averages 93.8 points a game off 47.4 percent shooting.
- Coach Mark Johnson is in 48-15 in his third year with the Tigers.
- Keith Langford needs 32 points to reach 1,000.
- Wayne Simien has made six straight free throws and 33 of 34 dating to last season.
December 10, 2003