Officials from Kansas University and the Collegiate Licensing Company will be on the lookout for counterfeit Jayhawk merchandise this weekend.
Paul Vander Tuig, KU's trademark licensing director, said counterfeit gear didn't benefit KU scholarship funds. Official merchandise does.
He asked anyone who has seen counterfeit merchandise to call CLC at (770) 956-0520.
Here are some tips in looking for official KU merchandise:
- All officially licensed merchandise displays an NCAA hologram or has a hologram saying "Officially Licensed Collegiate Product."
- The merchandise should depict KU and Final Four logos in a tasteful manner.
- The tag of the garment should be intact. A torn or missing tag is evidence of a second-hand garment.
- All merchandise should bear the name of the manufacturer somewhere on the product, either in the form of a hang tag, a neck label or screen-printed directly on the garment.
- All merchandise should have the appropriate trademark designations next to a name or design.