Lawrence school board
Insurance policy up for approval
The board will be asked to approve a one-year policy with Travelers Property Casualty of Hartford, Conn., for coverage on school boilers as well as heating and air-conditioning equipment. The policy costs $10,681 annually.
Coverage benefits with Travelers Property Casualty will remain the same as last year, but the policy’s premium is increasing 30 percent. In 2001, the premium was $8,216. The cost of the policy two years ago was $6,003.
- Open the floor to public comment.
- Receive comments from Scott Morgan, board president; Randy Weseman, superintendent; and board members.
- Consider endorsing the Kansas Association of School Boards’ plan to sue the state if the 2003 Legislature doesn’t suitably increase school funding.
- Consider authorizing one-year contracts with PepsiAmericas and Coca-Cola Bottling Co. of Mid-America for distribution of soft drinks in Lawrence secondary schools.
- Consider giving preliminary approval to new board policies on expense reimbursements and copyright and duplicating practices.