Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Voters save Lawrence bus system with sales tax (The Morning Rush)

Comments

Ragingbear 6 years, 1 month ago

Shawn, a vast majority of the voters that voted for it are riders themselves. It's too late now. STFU.

mom_of_three 6 years, 1 month ago

For a $10 lunch tab, the new tax will make your bill go up 2.5 cents. Three pennys. yes, it will add up eventually, but it's not as big as paying $4 a gallon for gas for as long as we did.

shawn1040 6 years, 1 month ago

GREAT the emTy survives to see another day..

RKLOG 6 years, 1 month ago

I'm glad that this topic can now die on the vine.

scubasteve5150 6 years, 1 month ago

"BTW there mom of three: did you get your check and vouchers yet this month?"Wow. Always the notion that real people with children should be ashamed that they need help from time to time, but we will hand over $700 billion dollars to a bunch of wealthy crooks that mishandled everyone elses' money and started whining when their profits dipped below double and triple digit returns! Shame, shame, shame on the "welfare-rat", "Rescue Package" for the corporate fat-cat. What a load of crap.

nut_case 6 years, 1 month ago

Yay - more taxes!! I was a bit surprised as well, tj. I figured with the 30% coming out of my pay, 8+% every time I buy something (even food!), plus real estate tax, personal property tax and all the other fees and taxes that seem to nickle-and-dime me to death, the last thing any sensible voter would do is vote for MORE taxes. Yet, there it was.

Jackson 6 years, 1 month ago

Additional taxes on a new car - about $100.00.

deskboy04 6 years, 1 month ago

How much will the taxes be on a new car?

tj200466025 6 years, 1 month ago

I am so up set that this pass. In the econ. I don't under stand why people would vote to raise there taxts. It make my rent go up. Only one percent ofpeople use the bus system in lawrence. I don't think it the home owner responabillity to fund someone to rid the bus. I work hard and I pay my way. I don't make a lot of money but I don't ask the goverment to pass a bill to pay for my car, insurence, gas, or repair coust. LV does not have a bus but some how people still get to work and where ever they need to go.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.