Discussions

Reader comments

On What road in Lawrence is most in need of improvements?

Comments

Ralph Reed 1 year, 6 months ago

Ninth Street east from Mass Rhode Island N and S from 9th for 2 blocks.

The ongoing construction has destroyed them. 9th is now similar to a cobblestone street.

Further, the City should not foot the bill. The developer should.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 6 months ago

All of east Lawrence ..... plus sidewalks. Money being spent on the corridor could be better spent on all the streets and walks in East Lawrence. Yes a much smarter tax dollar investment.

Thomas Bryce Jr. 1 year, 6 months ago

Checkout Rhode Island st, 19th to 23rd. Lived here for 15 years and all they do is patch the patches. Main pictures are of the 22nd and Rhode Island Intersection.

Fred Whitehead Jr. 1 year, 6 months ago

I do not live in any of these neighborhoods, thankfully, but I would say that all those terrible brick streets be torn up and real road materials used to replace them. Yeah, yeah, I know there is some sort of dysfunctional attraction to these ancient roadways, but they are really awful to drive on and need to be removed and replaced. And while I am at it, nearly all the streets in North Lawrence are sub standard, no curbs, narrow, and badly maintained.

Melinda Henderson 1 year, 6 months ago

I think there are no curbs in NoLaw due to draining issues?

Fred Whitehead Jr. 1 year, 6 months ago

I had not heard that before. Thanks for the info!

Melinda Henderson 1 year, 6 months ago

Same in Brook Creek neighborhood. Seriously. It's called Brook Creek. A double whammy!

Kathleen Christian 1 year, 6 months ago

Barker from 15th to 19th street. It is literally crumbling apart.

Jason Spillman 1 year, 6 months ago

Kasold from bobblings to 6th street needs to be redone it's pretty bad there are several roads in Lawrence that are bad.

Nick Naidenov 1 year, 6 months ago

My driveway in the county.......don't feel like paying for it.....where do I sign up for some of that free Lawrence tax rebate money?

Kevin Kelly 1 year, 6 months ago

I'm afraid to ask about my non existent curb anymore, last time I asked we seemed to end up with an entrance to KU and a new intersection on 19th St nobody wanted.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.