Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On What do you remember from your high school or college graduation speaker?

Comments

Bob Smith 1 year ago

I recall lots of "air quotes" and a rambling sort of pointless speech. it was rather like a recent LTE on this award-winning website.

Elston Gunn 1 year ago

His name was Bob Zimmerman, but I think he changed his last name. He talked a lot about fracking. He was always ahead of his time.

Chris Bohling 1 year ago

It was Stuart Bell (son of the former KU Dean of Engineering) and all I remember was that he brought a jar of pickled pigs' lips up on stage with him. I think he made some sort of point with it but I don't remember what that might have been.

That was high school; I didn't bother with college commencement.

Beth Ennis 1 year ago

It was High School (in Wisconsin); Class President, I do remember her name, and the last line of her speech was "we hated to come, we hated to stay but most of all we hate to leave".

Mary Ellen Hall 1 year ago

Didn't attend KU commencement and high school was a LONG time ago. I'm pretty sure I wasn't paying attention to the speaker because all I do remember was wanting the stupid ceremony to be over because the fellow I'd had a crush on for 3 years had just come home from his first year at college and asked if he could accompany me to our graduation party. Yeah, that was a good night.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.