Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On How often do you take a taxi in Lawrence?

Comments

Rae Hudspeth 1 year, 1 month ago

St. Patrick's Day when we didn't just use the T, New Years Eve if we go out, which is rarely now, and on occasion when my vehicle is in the shop and it's inconvenient for my husband to take me somewhere. I've also used the Airport Shuttle Taxi service. With the flex service of the T, I only would need one for a trip that would otherwise involve taking the T downtown and changing buses to get back to the other side of town... a silly route.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 1 month ago

Never. I can take the bus to the store for fifty cents which means that every time I go somewhere, I save fifteen dollars round trip. If I just used the bus once a week that would be a saving of sixty dollars a month.

As someone with medical issues I really appreciate the number 11 bus which can "kneel" which means the front lowers so I have a lower step and only the one. If I can't make that or am using my walker, which I do more and more, there is a ramp so I can just roll it up and into the bus. Wonderful.

Bob Smith 1 year, 1 month ago

Quoting Taxi Driver violates the TOS?

Seth Peterson 1 year, 1 month ago

Probably once a month or so, sometimes less.

Bob Smith 1 year, 1 month ago

I'm posting this at 6:29 on Monday evening. Will be interesting to see when it actually appears.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.