Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Should teaching licenses from other states be honored in Kansas?

Comments

L7 9 months, 1 week ago

Reciprocity is a common practice in many professions when it comes to State licensing.

BABBOY 9 months, 1 week ago

No. They need to do whatever is required to be licensed. I think that is what most professions require and teaching should be treated like a profession. Of course, I think they should also be paid like professionals and society does not want to do that for some flipped reason so whatever man.......

The_Big_W 9 months, 1 week ago

Sure, except maybe Arkansas or Missouri

purplesage 9 months, 1 week ago

Wonder if Ms Johnson feels the same way about nursing licenses? Or tattoo artists?

If common core gets shoved down our throats by the feds, then the requirements will be lowered to the lowest common denominator and we won't have to worry about varying state standards.

Is it not true, however, that a licensed teacher can work in KS for a limited time while getting requirements - like KS history / government, etc. done? Seems a reasonable accomadation to a mobile society.

weiser 9 months, 1 week ago

Sure ..they cant be any worse than ours.

Mike1949 9 months, 1 week ago

They keep cutting money for schools, I would actually recommend hiring teachers from other states. In a few years, Brownback will have Kansas a 3rd world entity because so much money have been cut to schools by the republicans, graduating from a Kansas school will not be top notch. It isn't the schools fault, they just won't have the money to provide a good education!

Commenting has been disabled for this item.