Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you grow your own vegetables?

Comments

riverdrifter 9 months, 4 weeks ago

38 70' rows of sweet corn (Kandy and Silver Queen), 4 hills each of cukes and crooknecks, row of new taters (half dug), dozen mater plants caged, multiple hills of pumpkins planted to run into the sweet corn. July/August rain needed!

GUMnNUTS 9 months, 4 weeks ago

It's not the size of a vegetable that matters.

nocrybabies 9 months, 4 weeks ago

Well Jane, what's your favorite vegetable?

Leslie Swearingen 9 months, 4 weeks ago

When I grew up we had a real garden, trust me, it was not a hobby. It was pretty large and had a variety as we canned for the winter and had bushel baskets of root vegetables in the root cellar. We also had a nice orchard of fruit and nut trees. End of summer was a dramatic time at our house. That is back when we were very aware of the seasons and truly appreciated having the fresh stuff come in in the spring.

jane_doe 9 months, 4 weeks ago

My parents are retired and have a hobby garden with tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers, yellow squash, zucchini, acorn squash and eggplant.

And just so you know.....it was WAY hard for me to not make dirty jokes on this topic. But I was good....this time. ugh. shootmenow.

George_Braziller 9 months, 4 weeks ago

I used to have a huge vegetable garden but the house I bought came with a yard full of mature trees so I don't have a spot that gets enough sun.

Tanked 9 months, 4 weeks ago

Yes. And I have chickens too.

The_Big_W 9 months, 4 weeks ago

No, the market has all the veggies I need and I don't have to toil in the field to have them.

he_who_knows_all 9 months, 4 weeks ago

I've already planted my seeds this year.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.