Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On What was your favorite summer camp or organized activity?

Comments

irtnog2001 10 months ago

Had to be the summer I got to scrub test tubes and beakers at KUMC

jane_doe 10 months ago

I did day camp for 3-5 and 5-7 year old kiddies several summers when I was in college. I LOVED taking them to the zoo every week. We sang songs to some of the animals. I called the hippopotamus a hippopota-MOOSE and the kids would laugh at me. I always had a quarter for duck food. And I was a genius when it came to the flow of the zoo. I'd start with the fun animals and ones that were awake more at that time of the morning and then we would magically run out of time at the point when we hit the playground where it was hard to keep the group together. Kids and animals....nothing better!

Leslie Swearingen 10 months ago

We had a trailer pulled behind the car. This was a real trailer and the car was big enough for three kids to sleep comfortably in the back seat. We went to the Southwest and rode horses, saw the canyons and mesas and went shopping for silver and turquoise jewelry in Sante Fe. Went to the Grand Canyon. Loved it.

The_Big_W 10 months ago

N/A, we hung out at the pool all day and when we got older, our parents made us get Summer jobs. I always wondered what camp would be like

BABBOY 10 months ago

Football workouts ....

Russell Fryberger 10 months ago

Must be running out of interesting questions for the "On the street" column.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.