Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Where do you go to purchase gardening supplies?

Comments

LogicMan 1 year, 2 months ago

Menards, Westlake, Home Depot, Walmart, Dillions, etc.

kernal 1 year, 2 months ago

Westlake Hardware and Home Depot for equipment. Pines, Sunset and various rural growers for plants.

Phoghorn 1 year, 2 months ago

Phooey on these fancy pants farm stores. Back in my day, we made our own tools in our blacksmith shop. I once made the mistake of suggesting to Dad that we needed to purchase a new hoe. Oh, boy did he learn me better.

Phoghorn: Dad, I think the old hoe is worn out. What do you say one of us rides ol' Daisy down to the hardware store for a new one.

Dad: Balderdash! Do you know what they are sellin' hoes for in this town nowadays?

Phoghorn 50 cents.

Dad: 50 bloody cents. Do you know how hard it is to come up with 50 bloody cents?

Phoghorn: Uh, the neighbor paid me that much for fixing his plow last week.

Dad: Well if you can fix his plow, then you can sure 'nough make us a new hoe. Go rummage through that stash of wrought iron until you find a suitable piece. We'll have us a hoe in no time.

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 2 months ago

Produce and fruit Hy-Vee, ,back yard not big enough, thank goodness----- Remember when I was a young sprout on the farm how long the rows of green beans were, along with carrots, radishes and what ever dad could find for seed to put in the ground.

Patricia Davis 1 year, 2 months ago

Suburban, Grass Pad, Skinners, internet for speciality tools.

Liberty275 1 year, 2 months ago

HD, Earl May, Sunrise. Thank goodness for sphagnum peat moss.

Liberty275 1 year, 2 months ago

Westlake too. Their black gold organic potting soil is pretty good stuff.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.