Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you carry on or check your bags?

Comments

jhawkinsf 1 year, 4 months ago

I check my bags through. One time, I had only 30 minutes to make a connecting flight. It took me so long to get off the first flight, people getting their overhead baggage and such, that I missed the connecting flight. My checked through bag did make the flight though.

jack22 1 year, 4 months ago

If you fly Southwest it doesn't matter? Be considerate, check your bags. It is a rare instance that travelers, other than those with small children, should have to bring more than a jacket, a book, or a laptop on a domestic flight.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 4 months ago

Back in the day when I was traveling you had to. I spent a week at the Bright Angel Lodge in the Grand Canyon so I had to have sensible shoes and clothes for the day. We dressed for dinner in the dining room so I had to have a dress and shoes for that and of course I didn't want to wear the same thing every night. Outfit to wear while riding the mule down to the bottom of the canyon. Personal care things plus hair dryer. Etc. etc.

I had two large suitcases, one small and one of those really small that they had back then for lady stuff. Then of course I went to the gift shop and got more things. Lucky for me they sold suitcases so I could pack yet more things.

rockchalker52 1 year, 4 months ago

You dressed for dinner in the dining room?! Awkward!

he_who_knows_all 1 year, 4 months ago

I usually leave my bag at home. I have more fun that way.

grammaddy 1 year, 4 months ago

Carry on. If they get lost, I have no one to blame but myself.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.