Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Have you been to the Lawrence Public Library’s temporary location?

Comments

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 3 months ago

I go to the library about once a week. I really like the layout at the new place and the way they worked with the design of the building to place everything. But, then to me the library has always been a welcoming place.

The personal are wonderful and will go out of their way to help you. One day I really wanted a Nina Simone album but my back was killing me. A young man told me to sit down and he went though the albums until he found the ones I wanted. I appreciated that very much.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 3 months ago

I go to the library about once a week. I really like the layout at the new place and the way they worked with the design of the building to place everything. But, then to me the library has always been a welcoming place.

The personal are wonderful and will go out of their way to help you. One day I really wanted a Nina Simone album but my back was killing me. A young man told me to sit down and he went though the albums until he found the ones I wanted. I appreciated that very much.

When I moved here in 1973 the library was in the Carnegie Building and there was an iron spiral staircase to get to the books on the second floor. I may have the year wrong.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.