Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Are you worried that the allegations against Ben McLemore could result in Kansas University forfeiting wins?

Comments

jhawkinsf 1 year, 4 months ago

They might try to get us on lack of institutional control. It's not good enough to say you didn't know. You're supposed to know.

Yes, I'm concerned. A couple of good years and a couple more for Kentucky like last year and we pass them for the school with the most wins. If we're stripped of an entire year's worth of victories, we drop behind Carolina and even further behind Kentucky.

jonas_opines 1 year, 4 months ago

Well, I suppose that I'm more concerned than any of the pictured respondents. But content to wait and see. It will be a bummer if they decide to drop the hammer down, and it's not like we're Duke, after all, so they might not give us as easy a pass.

jonas_opines 1 year, 4 months ago

I think we've been over this ground before, regarding the reputation of KU. Given your general and open disdain of "snob hill" as I recall you referring to it, and all of the horrible liberals that live in Lawrence itself, I see no great reason to give you much credence.

"Not the case at Duke."

Unless you wonder where Lance Thomas got 30k to buy jewelry. I'm sure it's all perfectly innocent. He probably just found it somewhere.

msezdsit 1 year, 4 months ago

"I've been saying for a really long time that McLemore was overrated."

Of course your entitled to your opinion but how does this story support your (incorrect) assumption. The slime balls that gravitate towards these kids like flies on , oh, I can't say that, are the problem. There are kids who have actively participated in these types of situations but Ben McLemore is an example of one who is above doing that. This kid and his family have lived in near poverty but everyone around him has profited on Ben McLemore except Ben McLemore. This includes the NCAA, KU, Bill Self, News Media, and on and an and on.

I think Mclemore and KU will remain above these slime balls that are the only story here.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 4 months ago

"McLemore, a second-team All-American, is expected to be an NBA lottery pick in June after breaking the Jayhawks' freshman scoring record held by Danny Manning. McLemore averaged nearly 16 points for a team that went 31-6 and won a share of its ninth straight Big 12 championship, and he announced last month that he was leaving Kansas after one season."

http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/story/_/id/9248273/kansas-jayhawks-reviewing-ben-mclemore-allegations

So, no I would not say that he was overrated at all. My worry is for Mr. McLemore and just how those people plan on getting their money back because I do not think that he and his family have been receiving help just out of the goodness of people's hearts.

Then again, maybe he and his family are smart, though poor, and since the sixth grade have been hoping that his basketball talent is a way out of them. And, you know what? I can't fault them for that. Family should always help family. I think he should find an ethical investment person for all the money he will be making in the NBA and plan for the future.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.