March 11, 2014 |
See complete forecast
Copy and paste the link:
Retirees are ready for life to get easier. Replacing Knology would be a good place to start. We need more retail in North Lawrence which is where many retirees will live.
Not until something is done about the cost of living here.
Are we still talking about this with sales and property taxes going up? What a laugh. Maybe if we did away with the sales tax on food, but other wise? fergidaboudit.
No..I shouldn't have to pay for your retirement
Nor commend you for being a economic graduate of selfish
I would say no because retired people use resources, they don't provide them. So, Lawrence would need more people willing to work in the service industries to serve in restaurants and such. Also, retired people tend to have a lot of health problems so we would need to consider that aspect.
I think for a town, or a small city, to be healthy it needs a mixture of ages and cultures. No one of them should be emphasized. Lawrence should be welcoming to all.
Commenting has been disabled for this item.
Wayne & Larry's Sports Bar & Grill
· Your choice of crispy or grilled chicken breast ...
Wheat State Pizza
2 Medium Pizzas, each with 2-toppings, both just $14.99.
· Every day: Get a 10" 1-Topping Pizza and ...
Jja Jang Myeon (Korean Black Bean Spaghetti)
· Pork, black bean purée, potatos, onions, carrots, with ...
Tuesday Lunch Special
· Slab-O-Palooza! $10.99 St. Louis Ribs All Day. (Dine ...
Famous Dave's Bar-B-Que
· $5 off a Feast for Two or $10 ...
Jayhawker signature taco dish, $7.95-$9.95
· All Jayhawker specials are prepared from fresh ingredients ...
Henry T's Bar & Grill
Nacho pizza with a salad.
· From now through St. Patty's Day: Guinness Beef ...
Cosmos Indian Store & Cafe
· Roasted marinated meat of your choice or panner ...
Bird Dog Bar
1/2 price burgers!
23rd Street Brewery
Hazelnut encrusted goat cheese salad or Brewery chicken soft tacos
Two 10" pizzas with 2 toppings each
· plus 2 drinks. Everyday special: Slice/Salad/Drink, just $6.35