Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Have you ever wanted to play Quidditch?

Comments

Tony Kisner 11 months, 4 weeks ago

No body wants to play quidditch. First you play to get the girls.....

Leslie Swearingen 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Harry Potter's parents were killed when he was a baby and he had to live with an uncle, aunt, cousin that mistreated him. It was only when he was eleven that he went to Hogwarts and had a family and friends. Even there he was taunted for not having parents, Ron was made fun of because his family were poor and Hermione because she was a "mudblood", that is too say of non-wizarding family.

Most of us can identify with the characters in the book and the troubles they have. I think we would also like to have a Dumbledore in our lives as well as a Hagrid. (Rowling named him that because she imagined him humming all the time and dumbledore is German for bumblebee.)

autie 11 months, 4 weeks ago

I'm afraid I am completely out of touch with this. I'm bossing out with the super dope rain storms. Quidditch? Is it anything like soccer?

Currahee 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Flying brooms and parachutes so you dont die when you fall off. HP quiddich? Definitely. But "muggle quiddich"... it is the saddest thing I have seen in my life when college students do it. No you're not flying. No you're not living in a fantasy world. I'm picturing a fully grown man/woman going WHEEE on their broom while walking on two legs. How is that cool?

CWGOKU 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Sigh.............. whatever. What Bob said, ditto

jonas_opines 11 months, 4 weeks ago

On flying brooms? Hell yes. NOT on flying brooms? No. The point of Quidditch is flying brooms.

I'd also love to be able to wave a wand and shoot a spell out of it, but I'd not get all that excited about waving a lit roman candle around and shouting "Expelliarmus!" either.

Chris Golledge 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Personal flying device - awesome. Playing a game - don't care.

asixbury 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Emily must have been living under a rock during the whole Harry Potter phase. Even if you have never read the books or seen the movies, how do you not know what it is? I can understand older folks not knowing, but she seems pretty young.

Andini 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Nobody likes to play Quidditch. Nobody.

CMM 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Skyler appears to be ready for his audition for the sequel to Raising Arizona

jack22 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Skyler you were supposed to say, "All I need are some tasty waves, a cool buzz, and I'm fine."

g_rock 11 months, 4 weeks ago

I'm thinking that is not a hobbit game. Pass. And the question is discriminatory. I'm OFFENDED!!!

The_Original_Bob 11 months, 4 weeks ago

Wow. The level of discourse is at an all time high.

Benjamin Roberts 12 months ago

As long as we are talking about the Harry Potter fantasy version ... absolutely. "Bossing out on a Firebolt..."

Commenting has been disabled for this item.