Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Have you noticed a bad taste in the city's water?

Comments

thefisherman 1 year ago

Lawrence tap water has always tasted nasty.

I have a whole-house carbon filter to get rid of most of the smell and taste, and another carbon filter at the kitchen sink to finish the job. No bottles for me.

hitme 1 year ago

Has anyone checked the water tower for swimmers?

kansasdaughter 1 year ago

I don't know as I've not consumed tap water for YEARS. I recycle my bottles, so lay off meanies!

basic101101 1 year ago

Lawrence water has always been nasty.

carp 1 year ago

Been tasting it for about 3 weeks, JoCo is also having a taste from their river treatment plant. Wonder if Topeka is having a problem, they are above the influence of our new lake Bowersock.

Karl_Hungus 1 year ago

Yes I have, but what is worse is seeing how much my water bill is....that leaves a bad taste in my mouth...

g_rock 1 year ago

mmmmmtwinkiemmmm

but really......tweak. you mock my fat fingers!!!!

CWGOKU 1 year ago

I hate a bad taste in my mouth. Yes, the water is a tad funky. I just add some bourbon. G_Rock, I suppose you meant "tweet"

autie 1 year ago

It is part of the natural cycles of the river when the season changes and mixing occurs. Not so much when spacehog takes his annual dip in the Kaw.

g_rock 1 year ago

I quit smoking several weeks ago and I've been having odd phantom tastes and smells as my body is rediscovering its own senses. It drives me crazy. And I thought that it was just my taste buds forgetting what water tastes like. Thank goodness at least one of my tweeks about the smell and taste thing wasn't really ME!

Adrienne Sanders 1 year ago

Happens every year, EVERY year. First it tastes like algae, then they treat it and it tastes like bleach. I use a filter pitcher but I can still taste it sometimes.

grammaddy 1 year ago

Get a filter pitcher and quit buying bottled water!

Andini 1 year ago

No, but pure grain alcohol covers it up.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.