Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think underage drinking is a problem in Lawrence?

Comments

msezdsit 1 year, 8 months ago

In a college town the size of Lawrence and a college the size of KU with the "slap on the hand policy" to the bars for serving minors, the stage is certainly set for underage drinking.

Given that, it could be a whole lot worse than it is. Most underage drinking is done at private parties where no one is really checking for age.

Thomas Bryce 1 year, 8 months ago

Underage Drinking a Problem in a College Town? Wow, Ya Think? If you are under age in a college town, You CAN and most likely will Get Drunk. It is all about availability and alcohol is Everywhere.

Russell Fryberger 1 year, 8 months ago

It's not a problem, most have someone old enough to buy it for them.

Cindy Yulich 1 year, 8 months ago

Yes -- and so is substance abuse in the middle schools and high schools.

jonas_opines 1 year, 8 months ago

If underage people drinking is, by definition, a problem, then there is certainly a problem.

Wayne James 1 year, 8 months ago

This is in response to the above commenter: "I don't think so, I know so." Ya mean "I Know so, HIC!"

jack22 1 year, 8 months ago

Making kids wait until their 21 years old before they can drink legally is a problem. We should lower the drinking age back to 18 for beer and wine at least.

Wayne James 1 year, 8 months ago

Why? Is that what it was when you were that age and YOU were going to parties and consuming the aforementioned substances?

Truthspeaker 1 year, 8 months ago

"I have a son whose underage friends drink"

...I've got some news for you about your son....

avarom 1 year, 8 months ago

No.........I think there is more of a problem with "Old Age Drinking" and "Thinking".....The older you are to drink.....the less you are able to think.........so it should NOT..... be allowed in the State House! Cheers!

Commenting has been disabled for this item.