Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think underage drinking is a problem in Lawrence?

Comments

avarom 1 year ago

No.........I think there is more of a problem with "Old Age Drinking" and "Thinking".....The older you are to drink.....the less you are able to think.........so it should NOT..... be allowed in the State House! Cheers!

thebcman 1 year ago

I work on campus and am around students everyday. They all drink. It's part of college life. 90 percent of them can handle it. It's the 10 percent that can't that causes all the problems.

Truthspeaker 1 year ago

"I have a son whose underage friends drink"

...I've got some news for you about your son....

jack22 1 year ago

Making kids wait until their 21 years old before they can drink legally is a problem. We should lower the drinking age back to 18 for beer and wine at least.

CWGOKU 1 year ago

I don't think so, I know so.

BABBOY 1 year ago

Yes. I think overage drinking is also a problem.

jonas_opines 1 year ago

If underage people drinking is, by definition, a problem, then there is certainly a problem.

Cindy Yulich 1 year ago

Yes -- and so is substance abuse in the middle schools and high schools.

autie 1 year ago

Of course. More students are killed by alcohol then with firearms.

Russell Fryberger 1 year ago

It's not a problem, most have someone old enough to buy it for them.

Thomas Bryce 1 year ago

Underage Drinking a Problem in a College Town? Wow, Ya Think? If you are under age in a college town, You CAN and most likely will Get Drunk. It is all about availability and alcohol is Everywhere.

g_rock 1 year ago

As long as they keep their hands off my Bushmills and away from my man, I'm all good. But thanks for asking!

msezdsit 1 year ago

In a college town the size of Lawrence and a college the size of KU with the "slap on the hand policy" to the bars for serving minors, the stage is certainly set for underage drinking.

Given that, it could be a whole lot worse than it is. Most underage drinking is done at private parties where no one is really checking for age.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.