Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Gov. Sam Brownback’s administration is pushing to relax restrictions on corporate farming in Kansas. Do you think this will affect family farms in Kansas?

Comments

ForThePeople 1 year, 1 month ago

As far as I'm concerned if it has Sam's name attached, it's best to just say no! He has shown that he has no thought at all about our children's future and is only in it to benefit the big money corporations and himself. Such a shame that our government representatives care nothing for the people they serve.

jhawkinsf 1 year, 1 month ago

Corporate farming wouldn't be needed at all if we did one of two things. One would be to drastically reduce the population of the planet. Sorry, but I don't see us doing that, at least not voluntarily. The second would be a radical change in the way we think about food production and consumption, which would require a radical change in the way we think about transportation, housing, conservation, etc. It would require a radical change in the way we think about everything. Sorry, but I don't see that on the horizon either.

Brownback, buffoon that he is, didn't begin this corporate farming mess nor will he do much about it, one way or the other. That train left the station years ago.

g_rock 1 year, 1 month ago

I'm only interested in corporate farming if they get Brownback a job shoveling sh*t...

autie 1 year, 1 month ago

corporate farms have ruined a lot of culture, ecology, good hunting spots etc...pure production. And if you rangers haven't noticed, the quality of much of what is produced isn't as good as it used to be. Factory pigs don't taste as good.

Ronnie24 1 year, 1 month ago

Sam is only interested in BIG TIME things. Piss on the little man ! Small farms are going fast now. What are they going to do when the big guns have no regulations? They will disappear .

kansasdaughter 1 year, 1 month ago

I am heartened that the 'people on the street' are aware of and against the slow corporate takeover of family farming.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.