Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On This week is Severe Weather Awareness Week. What steps do you take to prepare for severe weather?

Comments

inmate 1 year, 9 months ago

I keep my back to the wall in case the lights go out.

I tried using the LJWorld search bar to search for a user and it didn't work. Why is that? I finally tried Google and found them. Took me three spellings, but I wanted to see if H_Lecter was removed. Seems like the LJWorld search bar ought to be able to search for all of its online content.

riverdrifter 1 year, 9 months ago

Py is spot-on with her rant. LJWorld search engine is worthless. BTW, H-Lecter skipped town with Multi a while back and they're not coming back.

Joe Hyde 1 year, 9 months ago

No kidding. A long rope with a quick-release knot at your waist, in case you notice your car going into the sinkhole first.

Cait McKnelly 1 year, 9 months ago

Well you darn well better prepare, Thanks to the sequester the Early Warning System is now about as useless as teats on a boar hog.

riverdrifter 1 year, 9 months ago

The only thing I've done is get a better weather radio. Over the past 6-7 years I've tossed 3 of those $21.95 cheapo Midland weather radios. They gradually become unreliable when it comes to receiving weather warnings. I'm giving the Sangean CL-100 a shot.

Rae Hudspeth 1 year, 9 months ago

Always have a sturdy pair of shoes by the bed; extra water, MREs, a noise source and water in the basement in case we get trapped by debris; and the cat carrier is stored down there, too, so he won't get loose and run off if the roof should blow off the house.

Is that guy's name really Sam Fortune? Love it.

Katara 1 year, 9 months ago

Higher level of discourse... LOL that's a good one!

gphawk89 1 year, 9 months ago

I always follow my dad's lead when it comes to tornado warnings. When the sirens go off I go out and stand on the front porch. My wife doesn't seem to think that's the proper thing to do.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.