Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Today is Fat Tuesday. Have you ever been to Mardi Gras?

Comments

Bill Lee 1 year, 9 months ago

After the army sent me to Ft. Polk the last week of July, I swore I would never return to Louisiana, and I haven't. My borhter lives there, and I've never seen his house. For us to get together either he comes to Kansas, or we meet in Arkansas.

Mary Darst 1 year, 9 months ago

I had my Mardi Gras last night!!!!! RockChalk Would love to go to. Even the Lawrence Mardi Gras parade would be fun.

riverdrifter 1 year, 9 months ago

I made a run down to NOLA with friends Fri-Mon. We saw the Krewe of Isis parade Sat. in Metairie. It was over a mile long with 21 floats, bands, dance groups and about 1,000 people in it, ladies only. Well, females only. They turned off their parade route and did a turnaround on Veterans street. The maids were spectacularly attired, shall we say. Then we did the parade of my old krewe, Endymion. It's a super krewe with thousands of riders on around a hundred floats. They throw good stuff. The monster 330' float couldn't make the turn on Carrolton Ave. so they stopped the parade, picked it up with forklifts and moved it around the corner. No problem. Kelly Clarkson (whoever she is) was on it. We missed the Krewe of Barkus parade: it's got dogs. A lot of dogs. We didn't bother with the Quarter, but did take the St Charles Avenue trolly over to Jackson Square. As my friend pointed out, Mardi Gras is the only time 'normal' people rule the Square.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.