Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On What would you do to help improve the Kansas University men’s basketball team?

Comments

juma 1 year, 2 months ago

Here is an idea; make Billy E jr.'s pay dependent on wins. I mean his whole pay, not just bonus. Also, do REAL drug testing and stop treating non-students (I mean players) as 'real' students.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 2 months ago

"From Bleacher Report = 10 deepest teams in college basketball http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1311259-college-basketball-10-deepest-teams-in-2012-13"

Bleacher Report is just the worst. http://deadspin.com/5982579/what-one-writer-learned-at-bleacher-report-university

"Committing suicide over basketball is out of the question........"

Can't argue with that. Some people get way too wrapped up in KU hoops.

avarom 1 year, 2 months ago

Teach them Baseball......because Basketball just isn't their Sport!!

fourkitties 1 year, 2 months ago

I have a dog that will chase them up the stadium stairs and back down several times. And only when my dog is tired do they get to stop. I'd say good luck to that.

Tony Kisner 1 year, 2 months ago

looks like a math problem, if KU were to score more points than the other team they should win most games.

Score more points is the answer.

Bailee Winetroub 1 year, 2 months ago

They need to relax a bit - contrary to what everyone else has been saying... Maybe get together for a big dinner and just chill out. THEN get it together and rock college basketball as usual. :) 1,2,3, go - gameday tomorrow.

jonas_opines 1 year, 2 months ago

Just don't panic. The pieces are all there. The team walked into Ohio State's house and handed them a loss when they were undoubtedly looking for revenge.

OSU was soft play, TCU was just an anomaly, I think. The team hasn't handled losing very well in their follow-ups, coming out tight and without confidence. Once they snap out of it, they should do just fine.

The winner this year (like a lot of years) isn't going to necessarily be the most talented team, but just the one that plays the best as a team in the right segment of time.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 2 months ago

From Bleacher Report = 10 deepest teams in college basketball http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1311259-college-basketball-10-deepest-teams-in-2012-13

Meanwhile Jayhawks under Self seem to come out strong in second half consistently. A few times that has not happened. It did happen playing TCU point wise just not quite enough.

Committing suicide over basketball is out of the question........

CWGOKU 1 year, 2 months ago

May I have what David has been drinking?! He looks... amped up. They need to relax.

BABBOY 1 year, 2 months ago

KU is fine. There are no dominant teams this year. Anyone, I mean anyone can win it all this year....

BABBOY 1 year, 2 months ago

The old bandwagon looks thin today.....

just_another_bozo_on_this_bus 1 year, 2 months ago

Tell them what terrible people they are, and have them exchange jobs with the cheerleaders for a game. Shaming them is the only possible path to the national championship.

autie 1 year, 2 months ago

Take the team to the football stadium and run the stairs for couple of hours. And then take them to run stairs. That helps one 'think' about their commitment and responsibility.

Andini 1 year, 2 months ago

Don't let them go to The Cave in The Oread.

blue73harley 1 year, 2 months ago

Change the color of the players uniforms to purple. And rename Downtown Larryville to Aggieville East. Mascot name change to PowerBird. That should do it.

profound 1 year, 2 months ago

nothing at all, let them play

Commenting has been disabled for this item.