Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On How do you feel about the U.S. Postal Service’s decision not to deliver mail on Saturday?

Comments

msezdsit 1 year, 10 months ago

As the usps keeps cutting back it's services it makes you wonder how ups and fedex will hold up. Whenever a delivery is not feasible for them they send it Usps.

They both send about 20% of their packages via usps.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 10 months ago

Well, I am sixty-seven, is that old, and I receive my bills electronically and pay them that way. The family texts, e-mails, tweets, uses face book and skype and we all have web cams. We are so connected.

I can't even imagine using the mail any more than I can using a land line. Okay, I think this is so cool. Smart phones have GPS so you can put in where you are now and your destination and then you prop the phone where you can see it and look at a map that follows you as you move. A woman will tell you what turnoff on the turnpike to take, when to go left or right. I have to admit I love it.

Charles L Bloss Jr 1 year, 10 months ago

I was in favor of eliminating Saturday delivery, to save them money. When I read today that no lay offs are planned at the post office, I guess they will save money by not paying the salaries on Saturday. I am sick of them whining about how broke they are, and raising the cost of stamps every time I turn around. I hope this helps them financially. I live near a small town, they just cut our post office hours from 8 hours a day, to four. I get my mail at a box, which they charge me $ 100 a year for. I think they waste tons of money, like TV ads, etc. I wish they were run by the government again, that way our senators and representatives could help with complaints. Much of our mail arrives torn up, especially magazines and catalogs. Extremely poor service, yet they are still going broke. I would support their cause more if they took better of my mail

msezdsit 1 year, 10 months ago

Its ironic that you your complaining about a service that very likely won't even be available in the future. That will cure you complaining about your mail because you won't be getting any. No more torn up stuff and no more mail box charge. Last I checked I think the government still controls the usps. At least you will be able to complain about how much ups and fedex and the other players will charge you.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.