Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Which do you prefer, Lawrence tap water or bottled water?

Comments

LadyJ 1 year, 6 months ago

No option for filtered water? The cat will not drink tap water, only bottled or filtered.

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 6 months ago

My fish are the same way. If I put tap water in their tanks, they demonstrate their disgust by dying. It's the chemicals that are added to kill bacteria that your cat doesn't like, and they kill fish also. But they don't bother us, except for the taste.

LogicMan 1 year, 6 months ago

The old rule was to wait 24 hours after filling your aquarium to put the fish in it. That gives time for many chemicals to offgas. Tried that?

otto 1 year, 6 months ago

If you never offer bottled water to your cat I guarantee you the cat will drink tap water versus croaking.

LadyJ 1 year, 6 months ago

Diabetic cat, not a good idea. Thus the reason we could not board him at the vet anymore. Good news is he had no problem with flying and it was way cheaper than boarding him.

otto 1 year, 6 months ago

LJW, the answer on Mass st is going to be different than say the shopping center at 19th and Haskell or 25th and Iowa or say Wal mart. Is this the answer you were going for?

msezdsit 1 year, 6 months ago

Tap water filtered into my reusable bottles. There are some pretty good filtering systems available these days. Bottled water is just filtered from someones tap water in most cases. You don't see much spring water or artesian well water in those bottles. Whos fooling who?

johnsont1 1 year, 6 months ago

you read too much. bacteria can't live in anaerobic environments, there is no bacteria in bottled water

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 6 months ago

Ask this question to a mixed age group, not the younger set, me tap

SouthWestKs 1 year, 6 months ago

Water should be colorless, tasteless & oderless. Good water plant people will make that happen, if not check on the money. Have a good day & stay warm.

thefisherman 1 year, 6 months ago

If both were in front of me I'd probably drink the bottled water. However, I have a two stage whole-house water filtration setup at home that removes the nasty off-flavors in Lawrence water - primary the over chlorination and the somewhat dirty river-like taste. Then there is the sediment - you'd gag if you saw the used filters come out at the end of their three month life span.

Leslie Swearingen 1 year, 6 months ago

Brita pitcher for the house and the individual bottle to go. My cat drinks filtered water from a water fountain that I got him online.

Richard Heckler 1 year, 6 months ago

Installing a reverse osmosis system cost wayyyyyyyy less than bottled water.

grammaddy 1 year, 6 months ago

Tap, after being filtered twice. Once at the tap, second filling the pitcher.

Currahee 1 year, 6 months ago

Well I look at the Kansas river and then look at the water that comes out my tab. We are getting the worst of the Kansas river. Kind of skeptical about trace amounts of pharmaceuticals... while I'm sure the water filter thing is a gimmick (less of a gimmick than bottled water being better) if it can't hurt, why not?

swampyankee 1 year, 6 months ago

tap water room temperature the least you can do is refill bottles with filtered water.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.