Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Does the Kansas University men’s basketball team deserve to be ranked No. 1?

Comments

Nikki May 1 year, 10 months ago

They shouldn't be ranked #1. I like them a lot, but they are still scraping. They need to be more polished to be #1.

Cant_have_it_both_ways 1 year, 10 months ago

This team seems to play down to their level of competition. I don't see any killer instinct in this group.

msezdsit 1 year, 10 months ago

At this point in the year there are several teams who can make the mythical claim to #1. So far the musical chairs at the top of the poll has been more of a curse than benefit. Ku historically doesn't play at their best when everyone thinks they are #1. They play better with a chip on their shoulder when they think they have something to prove. Being number one in april is the only number one that matters. The only way they aren't going to be number one in the polls is if they lose and I don't want that. Michigan is going to lose to indiana and we should handle our next two games so we will be #1 like it or not. Just in time for kstate to knock us of and end our winning streaks.(hopefully not, but the #2 jinks could play into factor here)

From a strictly historical standpoint, saying you were ranked #1 is a benefit to the program

jonas_opines 1 year, 10 months ago

It means more to Michigan's fans right now, so they can have it. After WVU, and some of our other performances over the last couple weeks, it would be embarrassing to be considered the top of the pack. Should be an interesting tourney this year, with no really dominant teams.

Agreed with msezdsit -- We bring better games when we have something to prove. Especially on the rare occasions that we can be considered the underdog.

lunacydetector 1 year, 10 months ago

Can't_have_it_both_ways_said_it_best: This team seems to play down to their level of competition. I don't see any killer instinct in this group.

CHEEZIT 1 year, 10 months ago

Of course they deserve No. 1. They only have one loss and it wasn't, as a famous coach use to say, to Saint Mary's Sister of the Blind!

jayhawklawrence 1 year, 10 months ago

Right now there is no one deserving of #1,2 or even 3.

We have 1 month left to get there.

hedshrinker 1 year, 10 months ago

I'm a huge fan of KU bball, but their sloppy, unmotivated play is not something to write home about lately. Hunger helps to focus the mind; being at the top of the heap makes for big heads and laziness.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.