Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you think Gov. Brownback’s suggestion to combine the Kansas Turnpike Authority with the Kansas Department of Transportation is a good idea?

Comments

DRsmith 1 year, 3 months ago

Got to love it. Oh, it was an idea from Brownback? Must be a bad idea...way to be open minded Lawrence.

Gandalf 1 year, 3 months ago

evilsam is certainly eager to "streamline" government. Look how much he wants to get rid of the courts.

Rara_Avis 1 year, 3 months ago

Yes. It's gonna take a lot of manpower to empty all the garbage cans full of yellow rubber bracelets.

BABBOY 1 year, 3 months ago

No, this is just fluff by Brownwhack so stupid people can say gee he really is getting us a smaller government.

KDOT is very detailed and well run agency that should be left the flip alone.

But, Brownwhack only cares about one thing and that is Brownwhack. So, eat your fluff boys cause that is all he has for you.....

Scut Farkus 1 year, 3 months ago

My initial reaction is no, but there may be some redundant expenses that could be eliminated. That said, the KTA has done a pretty good job and combining entities will most likely see a re-purposing of KTA revenues. Brownback is scrambling to shore up the revenue side of the ledger because his tax cuts are going cause a larger shortfall than originally expected.

Antonym 1 year, 3 months ago

It will prevent repetition and redundancy and duplication like having Sam and God running the State. Don't think God needs Sam.

blue73harley 1 year, 3 months ago

BTW - has Brownback EVER had a good idea?

Andini 1 year, 3 months ago

Yes. Everything he does is a good idea...in his mind.

blue73harley 1 year, 3 months ago

Only if it includes dirigibles with wine tasting events.

Rara_Avis 1 year, 3 months ago

I think this is just a testing ground for a broad and sweeping anti-smoking campaign. You can't work for KTA if you smoke, ever, or if any of your family members smoke. I bet you have to cough into a bag every morning when you start work. Anyway, pretty soon they'll combine KTA and KDOT with every other department and come up with a creative name like State of Kansas. Then you won't be able to smoke if you work in any state job. This will also prevent redundancy.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.