Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Would you support a state constitutional amendment that lets the Legislature avoid increasing funding for school districts?

Comments

My_Life 1 year, 3 months ago

If education is limited to teaching only what is presented in the Bible then it should not be a problem. The end is clear.

DRsmith 1 year, 3 months ago

Depends, where does KS rank in funds per student? If we are on the upper end I could see supporting such an amendment.

Cant_have_it_both_ways 1 year, 3 months ago

What our Governer is doing is trying to bring some value to the taxpayer as it applies to our schools. The liberals have been in charge of our schools for a long time and, if there is any blame for the disaster our schools are, they, at least, share in our schools demise.

All anyone cares about is getting value for our hard earned cash. Think about it, do your kids learn something if you just keep throwing money at them, or after a period of time change the way you do business with them?

Throwing money at the schools has not worked in the past and there seems to be no reason it will work in the future. Our school administrators appear to care more about facilities and pandering to the NEA than they do our children. It is all about the money. They don't tell you things like how much money the district makes on the school lunch program, or some of the other accounting tricks they use to continue to bilk the taxpayers out of their cash. Or course, if you are a leech and put nothing into the system, then why would you care about how the dollars are spent.

rockchalk1977 1 year, 3 months ago

Yes but... Gov. Sam could sign 19 executive orders to help deal with the "perceived problem".

geekin_topekan 1 year, 3 months ago

The owners of this country do not want critical thinking individuals, they want subservient workers, people who are smart enough to get the job done but ignorant enough that they don't realize they're getting screwed! They're a big club and guess what, you're not in it!_George Carlin

Rara_Avis 1 year, 3 months ago

Brownback loves to confuse things. All I want to do is cuss about it.

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

So some of the legislature wants to make an amendment to the state constitution that says they don't have to follow the mandates of the state constitution? confusing. Only in Kansas.

BABBOY 1 year, 3 months ago

The schools need help. This country needs help.

The folks supporting this amendment only care about themselves and their actions suggest strongly they do not really give a flip about our kids or our country.

Waving the flag and saying you are patriotic is not enough, man....

You got to what is right and these folks with this amendment which will allow them to destroy the schools to save the rich money shows they do not care about what is right, just their pocketbook....

tomatogrower 1 year, 3 months ago

No way, no how. Wake up people. They are trying to destroy our schools even more than they already have. Think of how much money we would have if we didn't have to have all these standardized tests. They want to force people to pay for private schools or not get any education. No education would be great for them, so they can get people to believe stupid lying emails and Facebook "true stories" or lying "sound bites".

And Western Kansas, seriously? Are you ready to homeschool your kids? Why would a private school open up out there? But you'll vote for it, just like you voted these radical conservatives into office.

Julie Craig 1 year, 3 months ago

I would vote for an amendment suspending legislator's salaries and/or pensions until they come up with a valid solution for funding the schools.

Antonym 1 year, 3 months ago

A state constitutional sounds similiar to what the legislature is doing on the citizens.

Rara_Avis 1 year, 3 months ago

No, but I dare you to say that 10 times fast.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.