Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Where is the most exotic place you’ve traveled?

Comments

2stuffedtojump 1 year, 8 months ago

Central Africa. Uganda. Spreading the word and doing the Lord's work. Very dangerous place. Stay away from places like the Flamingo. I can only think it is of harlots and strumpets and being rampant in sin.

jafs 1 year, 8 months ago

Wow.

Harlots and strumpets - I didn't think anybody used that sort of language these days.

jonas_opines 1 year, 8 months ago

This is Poe's Law in action. Short profile, only 14 posts, and I can't tell if that poster is trolling or legit.

But I did see this, from a few years back: "Mr. (Fred) Phelps is not so much with my pastor but he understands the word."

Which, really, tells all that is important.

boltzmann 1 year, 8 months ago

Maybe they meant "car lots and crumpets" the new car dealership that sells only used Mini's and Range Rovers.

LadyJ 1 year, 8 months ago

Wait, everyone always told me they went to the Flamingo for the food. Even my dentist said one day when she was done with me she was meeting her husband there for lunch, they had really good food for lunch.

jonas_opines 1 year, 8 months ago

"Only the righteous."

Indeed.

"All the smart aleck liberals and purveyors of nonsense will be eliminated and this land will be ready for the fit and right in the eyes of the Lord." posted yesterday

serious or trolling . . . . serious or trolling . . . ?

Have to thank 2stuffedtojump for my laugh for today. Didn't recognize the user name so I checked their past comments which were mostly on the infamous sank4ever blog. Spend a good while rereading it.The only thing that would have made reading it better would have been if Multi's remarks would have been there. Did anyone save a copy of that before her remarks were removed? I would love to have it.

+1. She's been in my thoughts lately.

Armstrong 1 year, 8 months ago

Olpe KS. Chicken at it's best, ahhhhh

Cait McKnelly 1 year, 8 months ago

"Buster's in Sun City is next."
Only before 2009.

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

workinghard 1 year, 8 months ago

This is just getting too funny.

If I was the Flamingo, I would be complaining about 2stuffedtojump's remark. She was after all making defamatory remarks about a local business and it's employees which is way worse than this one was.

riverdrifter 1 year, 8 months ago

NOLA at Mardi Gras time. Parades start a week from today. I'm headed down for the Krewe of Endymion and Krewe of Isis parades on Feb. 9th and a couple of other parades the next day. Endymion has a 330' float this year with 260 riders. Isis is all ladies (OK, females). Sometimes they throw veerry interesting stuff. Endymion was my Krewe when I lived there many years ago.

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 8 months ago

Uncles all expence payed trip to a tropical retreat----

Royce 1 year, 8 months ago

Since Buster died a few years ago the place has never been the same. I was just there for supper after a Christmas bird count. It has new ownership yet again. The hamburger I had was alright but of course when you are out in the boonies even so so food taste a bit better.

LogicMan 1 year, 8 months ago

The planet Earth. Little did I know I would be stranded here so long.

Ellen Paulsen 1 year, 8 months ago

Phi Phi Islands, South Thailand

Commenting has been disabled for this item.