Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On What is one transportation improvement you would like Lawrence to make?

Comments

buckjennings 1 year, 3 months ago

Naturally the person who thinks we need even more street widening is someone from First Management.

bevy 1 year, 3 months ago

Where is Merrill with his post about walking trails and such? I was expecting him to be first. OK how to improve things in Lawrence....oh heck there are too many to list here. But I think the lanes need to be painted, for sure.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 3 months ago

Save the Whales, harpoon a..........oh, nevermind.

"Mr. Zog's Sex Wax works great on one of those."

I used to use that stuuf to wax my board. Now I just wax my dolphin. Artie, why wasn't I invited? It better not have been a Compound Gang reunion. I'll be terribly hurt.

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

Speaking of Hollis down on the Kaw, we engaged in certain activities yesterday that resulted in the very fast oxidation reduction of certain organic compounds that went boom. Momma says we should always follow label instructions. Then add duct tape. I think I felt a shock wave on one....maybe we were a bit close.

CWGOKU 1 year, 3 months ago

I want that thing George Jetson had. Not Jane, the flying car that folded up to a brief case

g_rock 1 year, 3 months ago

What about that bicycle wagon thing that they were going to have downtown? more of that, please....

prospector 1 year, 3 months ago

Eddie, Mr. Zog's Sex Wax works great on one of those. It will make that stache stand up to anything.

I shall grow a handlebar moustache, nonetheless.

Flip the roads, I'm preparing for a zompoc.

Which one is dumber, a horse or a chicken? Hey Roe, you been hanging out at the Kaw lately? I bet our old friend is still waiting for you and Hollis Brown.

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

Where the hell is my flying car?

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 3 months ago

Build the damn South Lawrence Trafficway already.

Enlightenment 1 year, 3 months ago

Just one transportation improvement? I have several. First Frankie is right and lines and curbs should be regularly painted. Second, enforcement needs to be stepped up and help educate drivers when they fail to follow the laws. Third, implement some sort of public education and driving refresher courses (i.e. how to use a roundabout and when to use signals regarding a roundabout). The majority of issues I see in this town is that drivers fail to use turn signals, drive slow in the left lanes on hwys, do not fully enter the center turn lanes and block the flow of traffic, and worst of all too many drivers turning onto multi-lane streets cut across several lanes instead of turning into the closest lane and then making a safe lane change.

Gandalf 1 year, 3 months ago

How about a fast track to hell for evilsam?

BABBOY 1 year, 3 months ago

The roads do not really make sense. Thus, move everyone out, burn it to the gound, and start over.......

Contrary to what some tell me, I am not in bad mood. As proof, I clarified that everyone should be moved out first before burning Lawrence to the ground.......

CWGOKU 1 year, 3 months ago

Rickshaws. With cup holders and lowrider neon.

Antonym 1 year, 3 months ago

I agree, johnnies is a dead end for most folks.

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

"and more horses" - autie

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/life/food-and-wine/food-trends/why-you-should-eat-horsemeat-its-delicious/article567009/?page=all

"Herewith, three facts about horses: 1) They're cute. 2) They're edible. 3) You probably haven't eaten any lately because of fact No. 1."

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

teleportation would be handy. and more horses.

LogicMan 1 year, 3 months ago

Brighter paint? Heck, just paint would be a huge improvement. Something's fishy in that department, methinks.

We need something like the Bay Area Rapid Transit(BART) that would go underneath the Kansas River. Except it should only go north and end at a brick wall underneath Johnnies.

labmonkey 1 year, 3 months ago

A city grid pattern west of Iowa would be nice.

Antonym 1 year, 3 months ago

Raise the legal driving age to 21.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.