Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you do much of your shopping online?

Comments

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

Rdrifter, I got me set up on the Veridgris this afternoon and killed six in short order. Sure be fun when then come shootin over the trees into the spread...way much fun.

riverdrifter 1 year, 3 months ago

I'd say 50% of the stuff I buy is online. Throw groceries out of the equation and it's probably 80%. Rivers are only place left to hunt hereabout; everything else is shelled over.

CWGOKU, you come down here and tell Momma she was mail ordered and she put a pop knot on your head big enough to have its own area code. She might mail order you up a can of whoop ass. She is a pretty tough ole gal...she snatched me up ball headed outta the club one night and told me I was getting married. There weren't no stamps or envelopes involved. \

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 3 months ago

I grew up with the Sears catalog, too. But I mostly just looked at the ladies modeling panties and bras.

BABBOY 1 year, 3 months ago

I bought most of the stuff for my home gym on line because to get quality equipment you have to find a commercial gym supplier which is easy on line. There are several good ones.

The stuff in the department stores is crap, not correct in the weights lists, and the benches are not sturdy.

Depending on the brand and how much you want to spend to get it right, the commercial stuff can be bought calibrated or guaranteed accurate within certain percentages depending on the brand. In other words, a 45 pound weight is as accurate as you can get.

Also, if you buy a weight set from a department store, the bar is almost always unbalanced and not the proper weight meaning you are not lifting right. I bought a calibrated bar and set which is perfectly weighed and balanced meaning so I can do my lifts properly and my plates are accurately measured. In other words, when I say I can benched 405 pounds one time the 405 I pushed is accurate…..

Also, the benchs and rack I have to lift from are sturdy and do not shake with heavy weights and that is problem with the cheap stuff at the department store will shake when you have any weight say above 225 on them. I go heavier than that meaning that cheap stuff will not work.

I use Fitness Giant out of Georgia. I used to Iron Company but Fitness Giant is easier and nicer to deal with from my experience. The owner called my on the phone from Fitness Giant on my first order and made sure he understood my order and that pretty much sold me on them because the guy was just trying to get it right…..

I used to lift at gyms but the all the punks that are there bother me. I also do not like the wenches showing off their stuff and getting mad when you look at them.

I just want to work out but when a chick is half naked I am going to look. Put some clothes on if you do not want to be stared at. Anyway, the gym stuff is a distraction so I built my gym at home and do have to waste time with some whack off showing offing or some jerk hogging all the equipment. …

g_rock 1 year, 3 months ago

Shoes are always much more fun in person...

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

The new wheels for the Sears canister vacuum should be here on 01/02/13. $6 shipping. Can't drive the F-250 for $6, much less KC.

CWGOKU 1 year, 3 months ago

I think Autie got a mail order bride

rockchalker52 1 year, 3 months ago

Recently clicked up a purchase of dahlias & hollyhocks. Gonna plant 'em next to the outhouse.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 3 months ago

Are we talking shopping or purchasing?

I should probably go back to the river again.

and hey, how comes we cain't just go to "News" and then click on "OTS" ? Remember, it is supposed to be right under births/blogs/obits/ what up man?

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 3 months ago

I shop wherever the gift cards tell me. So, 95% of the time it is REI and Cabella's.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 3 months ago

"Fifty years ago..I remember pouring over the Sears/Mongomery Ward/J.C. Penny's catalogs and wishing." - autie

No one wants to hear about the stridulous sounds you made in the outhouse.

prospector 1 year, 3 months ago

I'm with Thor.

Nobody likes shopping, nobody...

Fifty years ago..I remember pouring over the Sears/Mongomery Ward/J.C. Penny's catalogs and wishing. Now it is only a couple of clicks away. Hell yeah I shop online, if I want anything of quality. Either that or drive to Wichita or Tulsa....bullbutter on that.

gccs14r 1 year, 3 months ago

If a local vendor is competitive and I know they exist and have the product (meaning that the local vendor has a website with searchable inventory) and they're within a few percent of major online retailers in price, then sure, I'll shop locally. Or, if the local vendor offers a mix of products I want that are mostly unobtainable by other means, then of course I'll shop locally. If, however, the local vendor has a thin product offering for a 25% price premium, they can keep it.

Oh. I think my cuzin ate the fruitcake last year. Musta not been in on the joke of gifting it for the last 32 years. Or maybe he needed a boat anchor.

Mike Edson 1 year, 3 months ago

What's up with the Coventry ad over the "On the street?" It needs to go away.

What ever it takes to avoid the sewer pit known as "downtown".

milkman_dan 1 year, 3 months ago

Anything that arrives in an unmarked box.

profound 1 year, 3 months ago

With free shipping, delivery to my doorstep, and no sales tax it's hard to beat the on-line prices. Wish I could get behind supporting Kansas, but Sambo has convinced me it's every man for himself. I now spend as little money in the state of Kansas as possible.

Andini 1 year, 3 months ago

No. I like to touch first.

labmonkey 1 year, 3 months ago

Sometimes the only way to buy American made is online, otherwise I try to help out local stores before I go to a national chain.

p>unionlabel.com is an awesome place to buy clothes.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.