Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Have you ever gone caroling?

Comments

bearded_gnome 1 year, 3 months ago

geekin_topekan 12 hours, 39 minutes ago

Yeah but I was drunk and it was July. Told me to get off their lawn.

---darn, had I known it was you Geekin, ... I'd have invited my dog to howl along with you!

merry Christmas.

bearded_gnome 1 year, 3 months ago

yes, and have been caroled to on the receiving end.
it is wonderful. I think the snow makes it sound even better.

FloridaSunshine 1 year, 3 months ago

Caroling seems to have become a lost art, sadly. As teens we took it quite seriously visiting the nursing homes, watching the elderly faces light up as we sang. Just the lovely expressions on the faces of those precious people (most of them terribly lonely) made it all worth our time. Thinking of my caroling friends (who are all still friends today) makes my heart smile. I know they remember, too.

tange 1 year, 3 months ago

Even better... I've been a destination.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 3 months ago

Bring me flesh and bring me wine, bring me pine logs hither.

rockchalker52 1 year, 3 months ago

No, people who have heard me sing say I give new meaning to the phrase 'living in the flat land.'

cliff_themailman 1 year, 3 months ago

If memory serves, what many people don't realize is the source of this verbalization. Yes, we can conjugate Carol. This is the origin of conjugated visits; the first prisoner's wife was named Carol. Ironically, he was quite a singer and he told his buddies, "Last night I Caroled...for hours."

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

Now about that Caroling thing...uh..I cain't really taukboutit. Yes, I have been Caroling before, on any number of occassions.

geekin_topekan 1 year, 3 months ago

Yeah but I was drunk and it was July. Told me to get off their lawn.

Bill Lee 1 year, 3 months ago

When I was young my Sunday School class went carolling every year. I try every year to get my kids to go, but they're never interested. I think it can be fun. It beats sitting at homw watching TV.

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

Carol Ing? No, but I do know Anita Job.

prospector 1 year, 3 months ago

Over the River and Through the Woods

Ho flippin Ho flippin Ho

milkman_dan 1 year, 3 months ago

That carol must be so popular they made a verb form of her name. Does it work like Google?

Commenting has been disabled for this item.