Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you shop at a grocery store to get a discount on gas?

Comments

tange 1 year, 3 months ago

I just hate when I have to decipher the discount options at the pump and then key in the proper code. Apply. Don't Apply. Keep It Simple [Sumthin'].

/ hmm... I'd like to apply 3.14¢ of my potential 20¢ discount... now, where's the π button...?

Bill Lee 1 year, 3 months ago

I shop at a grocery store so I'll have something to eat. I take advantage of the gas discount, but that's not why I go to the store. I use so little gas that I don't worry much about the price.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 3 months ago

Do they sell Soy Bombs? This wasn't supposed to happen, but the look on Grampa's face at 00:16 is priceless.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n_RIGzk3iTQ

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

Tying discounts to gasoline purchases prove the original purchase was over priced. Or the gas is.

My_Life 1 year, 3 months ago

When I buy beans at any grocery store I get free gas.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 3 months ago

We do the Price Chopper/Quik Trip thing. Saves a few bucks. I had no idea there would be dramatic opposition to people saving money on gas tied to what they pay for food. Eh, The Internet.

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

Points? Discounts? I generally buy gas at a gas station and groceriers at a grocery store. I will be going into the Red Dirt Nation this morning and will fill up down there for about twenty cents cheaper a gallon.

workinghard 1 year, 3 months ago

A couple of times I have had $2 a gallon off at Dillons. I will have one of the kids or spouse meet me at the gas station and fill up both cars and save $70 each time. I know another couple that does the same thing.

grammaddy 1 year, 3 months ago

Yes I do. with double points on gorceries and quadruple points on gift cards I have paid $1.97 for gas 3 times this month. I love my Dillon's card. I shop there most of the time anyway. The discount on gas is icing on the cake.

labmonkey 1 year, 3 months ago

No. HyVee used to be my favorite store because there was no card BS. I pick what I wanted, the cashier rung it up, I paid, transaction complete... no special card to get the price or to fiddle around with. Now they too have some gas saver program that the old lady or stressed out soccer mom in front of you has to fiddle around looking for the right rewards card from the 150 in her purse or find the right one on the keyring of little cards.

Seriously... can we not go to the store and buy something without being hassled to get some friggin rewards card or to sign up for the store credit card?

RoeDapple 1 year, 3 months ago

Between the DTaP, the flu shot and all the plastic I carry I feel monitored 24/7

They know when I've been sleeping, they know when I'm awake, they know when I've been bad or good so . . . .

Commenting has been disabled for this item.