Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On How would you prepare for the Mayan apocalypse Friday?

Comments

Jay_lo 1 year, 3 months ago

Me and Elvis

Gonna take a ride

In a silvery ship

With little green men inside

Pick up Morrison

Break on through

Look back and laugh

At the likes of you

Bigfoot's coming

He's bringing the booze

We're gonna get smashed

What's there to loose

But if the Mayans are wrong

And all life is not over

We'll face Saturday morning

With a Doomsday hangover

tange 1 year, 3 months ago

I got to see The Joy Formidable's final concert of 2012, Saturday night... so I'm ready.

Liberal 1 year, 3 months ago

I am going to put on my white robes and join my brothers and sisters.

I am going to put on my white robes and join my brothers and sisters. by Liberal

Paul R Getto 1 year, 3 months ago

I have an obsidian knife and a tall, steeply-staired temple in the back yard. Heads are going to roll!

riverdrifter 1 year, 3 months ago

Looking at the latest weather forecast, many of us may still be shoveling by then.

profound 1 year, 3 months ago

Go to work in the morning. Drink beer in the evening. Grill a steak. Like any other winter Friday.

geekin_topekan 1 year, 3 months ago

I believe the original soccer game was with King Charles' head n 1669.

prospector 1 year, 3 months ago

Like any good Mayan, lop off the head of a prisoner and play kickball with it.

CWGOKU 1 year, 3 months ago

I'll start my Christmas shopping, if the world doesn't end, on the 22nd. I am with T_O_B, I loathe the hype and the media play on this, etc. The boy came home from school and wants to have a party for the Mayan thing. I said no. Any foil hats available?

autie 1 year, 3 months ago

Liberty, we can use our time for more useful pursuits, like tracking ancient aliens and searching for bigfoot. I hear those bigfoot hunters are going to be in Sedgwick county soon. "I think there's a Squatch in these woods". /from a source/

rockchalker52 1 year, 3 months ago

With a spacecraft, a cache of melange & a little travelin' music.

rtwngr 1 year, 3 months ago

We're sacrificing virgins at our place. Everybody's invited!

Liberty275 1 year, 3 months ago

I would spend some additional time thinking about how seemingly intelligent people are duped into actually believing in such tripe.

Ron Holzwarth 1 year, 3 months ago

It's a fact that for some people, it really will be their Last Day. Maybe we should live every day as though it is our last day, and act accordingly.

Cait McKnelly 1 year, 3 months ago

Friday is my wedding anniversary. Prime rib, here I come!
Saturday morning I'm going to wake up, run outside and yell loud enough for the neighbors to hear, "OH MY GOD! DOCTOR! YOU SAVED US! THANK YOU!"

Klumma 1 year, 3 months ago

Apocalypto. . . Mel is psychotic. Am going to wait for a drunk dial call as I am the One Who Got Away. ( Wink). I still love you, though.

Andini 1 year, 3 months ago

Stock up on ammo and beer.

My_Life 1 year, 3 months ago

Would? It's too late if you haven't done it by now. My perimeter is secure and backup obstacles are in place. Just waiting for the fun to start. Come on over.

lunacydetector 1 year, 3 months ago

what's to prepare? there isn't a next day after doomsday.

beatrice 1 year, 4 months ago

Mayan, schmyan. I have dinner reservations for Saturday.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 4 months ago

Where will you go? - T_O_B

No where, it will be like every other day, the go bag near my side. Just in case. The spousal unit calls it my man purse, but she is wrong.

I'm glad your wife likes my spurtle.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 4 months ago

"How would you prepare for the Mayan apocalypse Friday?"

Also, it should be, "How will you prepare."

/routinely destroys the English language in my posts.

"Go bag is not far from my side." RI

Where will you go? When the world ends, I'm sitting on the back stoop taking it all in before it all goes Poof.

Also, thanks for the spurtle. My wife liked it while doing whatever with the pork tenderloin, gravy and potatoes.

By waking up, going to work, taking off early to get to my kid's Christmas party at school and then packing for heading up to the out-laws the next day.

This is another example where the media know this is so stupid, but knows it will get pageviews. Not this OTS so much, but as a wider criticism of media in general. There is no journalistic use for this nonsense other than pageviews. The Mayans don't even believe in this crap. As usual, we can blame the old hippie/new age nonsense. The world will be fine on the 21st Which is a Friday. It is nice to see the bars advertising, "End of the World" parties. Big Booze is always on this type of stuff (see St. Patrick's Day, Cinco de Mayo, Boxing Day....) I bet Big Law Enforcement will be on call Friday night.

Pywacket 1 year, 4 months ago

With enough tequila to drunk dial The One Who Got Away and tell him I've never forgotten him.

riverdrifter 1 year, 4 months ago

Have that third martini instead of the usual two.

tange 1 year, 4 months ago

Plan for a Junean mock-a-lypse on Saturday.

RoeDapple 1 year, 4 months ago

Now that there . . . That be an Apocalypse!!

The apocalypse don't start 'til the beer's all gone!

The apocalypse don't start 'til the beer's all gone! by RoeDapple

RoeDapple 1 year, 4 months ago

I plan on being in the bunker all weekend, as usual. Or mom's basement. Call it what you will.

autie 1 year, 4 months ago

It is Friday....duh.....A big thick ribeye with baked potato and some scotch on the rocks...Gaaw...

Commenting has been disabled for this item.