Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Who do you give holiday tips or bonuses to?

Comments

RoeDapple 1 year, 8 months ago

Tips are always welcome at RoeDy's House of Paranoia and Troll Baiter

(He casts, sets the hook and . . . . . . )

grammaddy 1 year, 8 months ago

A little something for the grands' teachers,the postal person(the regular one),and a nice littlemini-loaf of something yummy for all the visitors.

rockchalker52 1 year, 8 months ago

Tip for the Yuletide Derby coming up on the 24th: Bet Santa across the board. Win, place AND show. The fix is in.

"Is there going to be a winter this year?"

Not after Friday.

JackMcKee 1 year, 8 months ago

I pass along 100% of the tips given to me.

beatrice 1 year, 8 months ago

I'd like to give a tip to the LJWorld, so here goes: the LJWorld should not shut down constructive dialog on the story of the slaughter of children by an armed and troubled young man. Only through open dialogue and honest discussion can change take place that may help limit such horrors in the future.

So my tip to the LJWorld is that the new moderator not stick his head in the sand on this issue and allow rational discussion to take place. Otherwise, the LJWorld is one of the few newspapers in the nation that appears to want to pretend that the shooting of children never happened.

grammaddy 1 year, 8 months ago

This country needs this conversation NOW!! If we cannot discuss it anonymously, from the safety of our computers, how will we ever address such a controversial subject?? Thank you Beatrice! I see why some on here think of you as Goddess.

beatrice 1 year, 8 months ago

Honestly, I have taken part in conversations on this site about firearms and left feeling I know a little more about the topic than when I came in. There are some passionate gun enthusiasts on this site and I respect their opinions, even though we disagree. This is one of those cases that is so horrifying that everyone is stunned and numbed by it. Now is the time to discuss the issue to see what can be done, if anything can be done. It wouldn't surprise me that the biggest thing to arise from this discussion is the realization that we need to do more to help people with mental issues than push bans on guns.

Discussing it is also a release, and people need that during troubling times. At least in my opinion.

bevy 1 year, 8 months ago

I gave a bonus to my daycare providers - because my job gave me one and I couldn't do it without them. I will also give them gifts because they are my friends. I tend to tip extra when we go out to eat this time of year.

Armstrong 1 year, 8 months ago

I give my employees Christmas bonuses every year. What people in business need to remember is - you are only as good as your people will allow you to be. I have a first class bunch.

Katara 1 year, 8 months ago

It is refreshing to hear that from an employer. It doesn't seem like many employers express that to the ones that work for them. It can go a long way for productivity. Thanks for posting that.

Oh . . . the question.

The lady that cuts my hair. And Olga. My massage therapist.

missmagoo 1 year, 8 months ago

Teachers, hair dresser, child care provider

However, this may make me the grinch.. but I'm tired of everyone "expecting" holiday tips.. or just tips in general! Why does the burrito makers at Chipotle think they need a tip? There are even drive-thrus with tip cups in the window now. It's not up to us as consumers to make up for their low wages. We pay for a product. I will always tip my full-service restaurant servers, but sorry burrito dude.. you're SOL from this grinch!

Commenting has been disabled for this item.