Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you put lights on your house for the holidays?

Comments

autie 1 year, 4 months ago

OK, OK, you made me feel guilty. So I went and made this:

tange 1 year, 4 months ago

I hung my lights in the trees
That's how many came to grief

/ how many came to grief
// how many came to grief

-

rockchalker52 1 year, 4 months ago

Sometimes it's good to go away for the holidays & not get lit at home. We're considering Beer Paradise this year. Nothing beats a hot tub full of yeast & a cozy nap on a bed of warm alfalfa.

http://www.easyoops.com/bear-paradise

My_Life 1 year, 4 months ago

I leave my lights up year round. Saves a lot of work. Plus I can turn them on whenever that feeling of festivity strikes. Occasionally we have to get up there and replace a bulb. They get sorta hard to unscrew after a few years. Those new tiny lights just aren't American. LED is a sellout to China and Walmart. I hope Wally gets a Union.

Cw, those are the best. The one I have has lasted a lifetime.

CWGOKU 1 year, 4 months ago

Get Misterlee one of those hoses that shrivels up when it isn't being used...

riverdrifter 1 year, 4 months ago

Yes. 30' of LED lights. I also put up 90' of those icicle-type lights on my neighbor's house. Pain in the neck. I think we should all chip in and get Misterlee a good hose for Christmas.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 4 months ago

You with your freaking global warming contributing holiday lights are going to screw with my observation of the Geminid meteor shower.

Just

Turn

Them

Off!!!!

prospector 1 year, 4 months ago

No

I was driving down the interstate a few years back and passed a station wagon with a tree tied on top that had blinking lights and decorated. That kept me chuckling for a while.

RoeDapple 1 year, 4 months ago

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know . . .

"This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement."

Will somebody please loan Misterlee a hose? He doesn't have one. I don't know why he needs on, he lives in an apartment.

Okay, just this one time . . .

RoeDy's House of Paranoia and Holiday Supply

RoeDy's House of Paranoia and Holiday Supply by RoeDapple

BABBOY 1 year, 4 months ago

Sort of.

We just replaced the outdoor bulbs that are normally on with green and red lights ....

Anybody see that news story about the guy with Christmas lights all over his pickup? The cops made him stop driving it like that. He shoulda stayed down on the farm.

msezdsit 1 year, 4 months ago

NO!!!!!!!!!! Wrap your house in a bunch of cheap wiring (quality not price) and wrap a dried out tree in the same and pray to Jesus your house doesn't burn down for Chrismas. Where the spirit of "tis the season" crashes into common sense and safety . Can insurance replace the kids?

Bill Lee 1 year, 4 months ago

I don't have a hose, but I put light s out on my apartment balcony. They're as much for my pleasure as they are for my neighbors to enjoy.

Sometimes the strobe lights on the bunker go on at night but mostly it's false alarms. The accompanying siren blast will stand the shingles straight up.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 4 months ago

autie,

You should shoot out that streetlight in front of your house and then go over and unscrew that lightbulb your neighbors have on their side door.

How the hell does anyone sleep in your house with all those lights blazing like the fires of Hades?

We don't need none, the next door has enough it looks like that OHairs airport in Chicago.

I'm guessing around eleven thirty.

Antonym 1 year, 4 months ago

I have lights 365 days a year. Now my neighbors, that's a different story. Seems like Westar is always over there turning the lights off and on. I've offered to run an extension over for those "times of need". Good people with bad luck.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.