Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On Do you have any tips to avoid getting sick?

Comments

Liberty275 1 year, 4 months ago

I was told by an old acting professor that it is impossible to be sick on stage. According to him and from my very limited acting experience, as soon as you walk on stage anything that ails you stops. Maybe because you are becoming someone else that is healthy. Or something.

I think it just the adrenaline shooting through you because you have 100,000 watts of lighting on you and people are waiting for you to do something interesting.

Also, wash your hands.

prospector 1 year, 4 months ago

Stay away from Lawrence Memorial Horsepistol, it is full of sick people.

Ignaz Semmelweis know what he is talking about.

tange 1 year, 4 months ago

To avoid pallor, limit oneself to healthy comments—none of that tangential claptrap.

blue73harley 1 year, 4 months ago

Nobody likes their comments deleted. Nobody....

Andini 1 year, 4 months ago

15-20% usually. It depends.

autie 1 year, 4 months ago

Didn't we swear a blood oath about that one time? Maybe that was something different. I get confused easily anymore. I had the entire list at one time...but I cain't tauk boutit nomore.

and Keon plays football.....Andini? CWGO? I know, I know, nobody likes fooball. Nobody.

g_rock 1 year, 4 months ago

I must be coming down with the flu. Because I'm hallucinating that posts are here and then vanish.

Semmelweis? Ain't that a flower in the Andes Mountains? Did he invent soap? He must know my mother because she always made me put soap in my mouth when said a bad word.

Eddie, don't start no unnecessary bovine excrementa.

trinity 1 year, 4 months ago

I'm finding all this comment removal preposterous, as I sit here at home from work with some sort of bug. But far be it from me to whine!! Carry on, lol-all I wanna know is wtf is up with the residents here??? They're harmless!

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 4 months ago

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

CWGOKU 1 year, 4 months ago

I keep enough alcohol in my system at all times to kill germs. Or you could live in a big plastic bubble.

Stephanie Weaver Kempersquash 1 year, 4 months ago

I use my own pen to fill out forms or sign receipts, and I don't touch anything (especially the magazines) at the doctor's office. I also pull my sleeve over my hand to touch elevator buttons, public door handles, etc. Perhaps I'm a bit of a germaphobe.

Bill Lee 1 year, 4 months ago

Go through life with a positive attitude. That seems to work for me.

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 4 months ago

"I looked up that guy that Reticent mentioned, that Semmelweis cat, and learned me a little scientific history before they brownbacked that bit of knowledge right on outa here."

That's it. The LJW does want us learning anything. Brownback'd it.

RoeDapple 1 year, 4 months ago

Just for the record, they never did give me control of the big red disapearededed button. dammit.

Kathy Getto 1 year, 4 months ago

I try to make sure I get very little sunshine from Florida. Works wonders!

Maybe my co-worker got a gig on the side with the big red button?

I just hope someone Lysols it when she is done...

rockchalker52 1 year, 4 months ago

I looked up that guy that Reticent mentioned, that Semmelweis cat, and learned me a little scientific history before they brownbacked that bit of knowledge right on outa here.

A new size restriction? Well, font you very much.

BABBOY 1 year, 4 months ago

Please search BABBOY and read my prior response to this question which is asked every year at least once or twice a year......

"This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement."

Alex or whoever is hungover today.... what did I violate in the usage agreement with my post.

And what did RI violate? All he did was post the name of the guy that said washing hands is a good idea. His first and last name. That was it.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 4 months ago

No doubt. Who's the priss on duty today? I damn near got away with murder yesterday. At least be consistant.

Did the big red button get stuck? I told 'em to lube that thing.

Good lord. The site staff have killed the OTS since Whitney and JK left. Nobody said anything remotely offensive.

So . . . I guess any reference to snot rockets would be found offensive . . .

somedude20 1 year, 4 months ago

Wash your hands 234-342 times after getting home from the Replay or Dirty Bird...oh, and never kiss with your mouth open

um....I was just complaining about coworkers that sniff their snot back up in their heads.....every 9 seconds of their lives....

I am sure that snot is offensive to some.....I do apologize for my coworker being so snotty. I did not intend to offend.

beatrice 1 year, 4 months ago

Avoid whatever reticent_irreverent, g_rock, the_original_bob, and eddie_haskell have been up to.

This comment was removed by the site staff for violation of the usage agreement.

I used to avoid KU Football, but my system has built up immunity. Dr. Weis has good medicine & is working on a cure.

ldvander 1 year, 4 months ago

The 2 hat method. Place your favorite hat on your ottoman. Kick back in your chair with a bottle of Knob Creek on your side table. Drink Whiskey slowly from your favorite cup or glass while staring at your hat on your ottoman. When you see 2 hats you are cured of any illness and will ward off any future sickness.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 4 months ago

Steven Gaudreau 1 year, 4 months ago

Wash your hands you filthy pigs. How many times do you see individuals walk out of a stall in a public restroom and right out the door? It's disgusting and selfish. Who raised these kind of people, monkeys?

One can minimize percieved risk by avoiding and hand washing. But avoid getting sick...learn to embrace random chance and if it comes your way, deal with a don't whine too much.

JJE007 1 year, 4 months ago

Stay away from humans on overpopulated planets.

Benjamin Roberts 1 year, 4 months ago

"...avoid getting sick?"

Don't swap spit with sick people.

Got my first flu shot in November.

Puked for 2 days.

Andini 1 year, 4 months ago

No. I can't even remember the last time I was sick. It might have been when I was 20 and had the chicken pox. But that was now 28 years ago. That was not fun having them at that age.

Antonym 1 year, 4 months ago

Don't lick the seat or the menu or the salt and pepper shakers at the restaurant. Even better, don't eat at restaurants.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.