Advertisement

Discussions

Reader comments

On What is your favorite Thanksgiving food?

Comments

urban_ndn 1 year, 4 months ago

My favorite is a can of genocide, and french bread.

Pywacket 1 year, 4 months ago

Hard to choose. I'm the cook, so I get to have everything just the way I like it. Everything is made from scratch--the pies, the dressing, gravy, fresh cranberry relish, sweet potato casserole (with cranberries, pineapple, and pecans), butternut or acorn squash, with sea salt and maple syrup, mashed potatoes, of course, and the turkey, which is cooked in a bag, stuffed! The dressing is seasoned with thyme and sage from the garden.

One of these days, we will get a smoker. The best T-day turkey I ever had was when a brother-in-law smoked one.

bd 1 year, 4 months ago

Real stuffing! Not the crap that is cooked in the pan! The good stuff that is cooked in the turkeys butt! Yummy! :)

George_Braziller 1 year, 4 months ago

Deviled eggs. We have them at every family gathering and my aunt always makes extra if I'm going to be there because I'll eat half a platter myself. We also always have to have extra green bean casserole because my niece and I both love it almost as much as I love deviled eggs.

somedude20 1 year, 4 months ago

Oh, I am a breast man!!!! Put any kind of breast in my hands...chicken, turkey, seal.....Big fat breast meat!!!!! Gettin hungry

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 4 months ago

I'm looking forward to raising some hell tomorrow. Last year was boring. We just mostly did the family bonding thing.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZX0F1fGEfKA

rockchalker52 1 year, 4 months ago

Punkin' pie, easy on the cloves. Must have enough pie to make it to Monday.

g_rock 1 year, 4 months ago

The corn casserole with the cornbread mix and cheese. But I hate that I have to share it with others. I just want a pan of that and nothing else!

FlintlockRifle 1 year, 4 months ago

My spelling teacher was right, watch and learn------"""Home grown chilli"""

The_Original_Bob 1 year, 4 months ago

"Just ask Maynard."

I already own property on what will be Arizona Bay.

Eddie_Haskell 1 year, 4 months ago

Los Angeles is a filthy cesspool. Just ask Maynard.

RoeDapple 1 year, 4 months ago

McRap. best. product. name. evah!

CWGOKU 1 year, 4 months ago

Everyone have a safe and happy Thanksgiving. Eat and drink lots of Wild Turkey!

autie 1 year, 4 months ago

O'Bob says: I'm off to go kill birds while wearing shorts. Global warming is adversely affecting my hunting attire and probable success.

Was there a large influx of starlings in the neighborhood? Can you kill two birds with one stone?

My first wife's dressing is outstanding (when she doesn't put oysters in it)!! Lucky for me we are still cohabitating. (40 years this Dec.) I will be helping her make the first batch later this AM.

BABBOY 1 year, 4 months ago

I like stuffing and gravy and only time I eat that would be around Thankgiving.....

I mostly like the legitimate four day holiday that everything is closed.

Clients still call me starting on Friday however and I dumb enough to take their calls (because it is better than waiting)....

Richard Payton 1 year, 4 months ago

The turkey,ham,green bean casserole and pie. Then comes the couch coma time.

Bill Lee 1 year, 4 months ago

My ex-wife's dressing. I can't get it very often anymore, but during the few days after Thanksgiving, I watch for her car to be gone so I can visit my kids who still live with her. I get some then.

"Amy Beaman, lady of leisure, Los Angeles"

The last "lady" they had from LA on the OTS was a transvestite dominatrix "model." Lady of Leisure? LA is truly the land of heathens.

Gravy.

I'm off to go kill birds while wearing shorts. Global warming is adversely affecting my hunting attire and probable success.

RETICENT_IRREVERENT 1 year, 4 months ago

I use cranberry sauce as the base for my BBQ sauce.

tange 1 year, 4 months ago

Thanksgiving? Revenge. Best served cold.

/ ... or cranberry sauce... revenge, or cranberry sauce... hard to say...

Klumma 1 year, 4 months ago

"You don’t seem to get it any other time than Thanksgiving."...Umm, sounds more like a Valentines Day gratuity....

Have a nice Day!

Benjamin Roberts 1 year, 4 months ago

"lady of leisure"

"Dolce far Niente" It's sweet doing nothing.  (1880 John William Waterhouse)

"Dolce far Niente" It's sweet doing nothing. (1880 John William Waterhouse) by Benjamin Roberts

Looks like it'll be a good day for killin' blue rock. Gots about 6 boxes coming.

All of it. Except for that stinkin' oyster dressing.

Commenting has been disabled for this item.